Let's be honest..

Advertisement
Advertisement
In order to go better than 6-6 I think we have to beat at least 1 team we shouldn’t because we always seem to lose to someone we shouldn’t.

If we beat Texas AM…. 9/10 wins
If we lose Texas AM 7/8 wins
Im with you. Texas A&M will tell me all i need to know about this season. Those guys are overrated and we should have beat them last year. A loss would have us staring down the barrel of 7-5 imo. It would be a long journey to getting the momentum back if we lost in a facets (fan support, team morale, local media, etc) . If I’m Mario, I put it all on the line in that game.

Im with you. Texas A&M will tell me all i need to know about this season. Those guys are overrated and we should have beat them last year. A loss would have us staring down the barrel of 7-5 imo. It would be a long journey to getting the momentum back if we lost in a facets (fan support, team morale, local media, etc) . If I’m Mario, I put it all on the line in that game.
If we can’t recover from a week 2 loss then we were never gonna be good either way

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m looking at it a different way. A Texas AM win is a booster to this team.

Vegas and most fans expect a 7-8 win season. So this is a win +1 bring the boost
I could see that, wont be surprised if we lose one we shouldn’t tho. So i can see us winning one of the big games but losing to someone we think is a for sure win

Advertisement
The A&M game is critically important as several have said. Lose, and we're staring down the barrel of a 6 or 7 win season. Best A&M, and it becomes an 8 or 9 win regular season assuming the key players remain healthy, especially TVD.

The team is dramatically improved at most position groups with a nice influx of young guys that’ll play. We also have huge upgrades in scheme but the schedule is more difficult. Safe money says 3-4 losses. Anything worse than that is just unacceptable.
Exactly. I don't understand the contingent on here who act as if the roster was not largely overturned fron last year, with improvements pretty much everywhere, plus big changes in offensive and defensive scheme and coaches that better suit our players. This isnt last year's team at all.

Advertisement
Back