Leonard getting an extension

Advertisement
You'd be hard pressed to find another coach in the country who has managed to do less with more. Still can't believe the last couple recruiting classes they've pulled in despite his awful coaching.

Strange timing for this, with the FSU team in freefall and general fan disinterest in the team. I assume his contract expires at the end of this season. Otherwise, why do this?

Advertisement
I don't get this. FSU is consistently underachieving, he's getting old and at the end of his contract, they are flailing around and will miss the tournament and if they really ***** around wont even be in the NIT. Yeah. Contract extension.

I've been saying this for years. Leonard's success is directly tied to Stan Jones, period. Leonard had a nice 4-year run, but only 1 Sweet Sixteen and early exits the first weekend in the other 3. He's underachieved the last 3 years and this one looks no different. Good guy, average coach. Plus, it was Leonard who recommended Perry Clark after pushing for Freeman to replace him and it was going nowhere.

I don't get this. FSU is consistently underachieving, he's getting old and at the end of his contract, they are flailing around and will miss the tournament and if they really ***** around wont even be in the NIT. Yeah. Contract extension.

Sounds like the logic our decision makers use in our football program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back