LB's Hot Take

Advertisement
Really? We had a much better DE combo last year and got run over several times. They were all grows up too…this is the most underwhelming dl we’ve had in a long time
We had pass rusher last year who didn't want anything to do with stopping the run, so maybe OP is right and it'sbetter coaching. Our DL will be better this year

At this point Brooks is Elijah Price. Hopefully he can finally get healthy and get on the field and fulfill the hopes many have had for him but the door is closing.

We had pass rusher last year who didn't want anything to do with stopping the run, so maybe OP is right and it'sbetter coaching. Our DL will be better this year
This.

JP is solid against the run but he wasnt what most would consider "stout" either.

I think DJohnson will be an upgrade even though he will be a downgrade in the pass rush dept.

Advertisement
Really? We had a much better DE combo last year and got run over several times. They were all grows up too…this is the most underwhelming dl we’ve had in a long time
Thats only because there are no "****" names coming out of Spring ball like we are use to hearing. We had a run of Chad Thomas, GR15 and Phillips. Not a bad run of DEs.

Ill stand by my statement..this DL will shock people this year. Add to the fact that Jess Simpson is back coaching this position group again and I feel confident in saying this DL group wont take a step back. I think Jess will really do wonders for Ford and Nesta at the DT position.

Advertisement
Why is Huff not able to see the field? How does Keontra Smith jump over from Striker and jump Huff and Austin-Cave on the depth chart? Are they really that bad?

Advertisement
Why is Huff not able to see the field? How does Keontra Smith jump over from Striker and jump Huff and Austin-Cave on the depth chart? Are they really that bad?
My opinion is that this is strictly to get the best 11 defensive players on the field regardless of position. Keontra is in that 11. Fans were screaming to the heavens last year that Baker needed to find a way to get Keontra and Frierson on the field at the same time. Welp, we asked..they listened..and now here we are.

Huff and TAC just are not there yet in the "11" for them to take anyone out. This is Huffs 3rd year in the program, at some point the light needs to come on. He wasnt some 3* developmental kid. He was a 4* stud out of STA.

One of these things is not like the others and what I mean by that is move Tyler Johnson to DE in the spring.

FFUHQ-6XIAMlpIb

Advertisement
Back