Last year vs this year

Miami04

Senior
I always thought we were really under seeded in last years tourney and that cost us big by having a match up against MSU in the first round.

Then look at this years team and it is so weird. I'm not complaining about being a 6 seed but last years team on paper and maybe in real life was a better team than this year. Last year we had a better non conf schedule and wins over UNC, Duke, UVA and many other mid pack teams. Our conference record was one game different but I can't believe that is the difference between a 6&9 seed.

Is this years tournament weaker or is it because we started out a top 25 team or because we lost 3 of our last 4 last year? Any opinions on why this years team is seeded so much higher?

My confidence would be very high with last years team with this years draw making the sweet 16.

Advertisement
Duke and UVA weren't great last year. Good wins but they didn't move the needle on our BPI too much. We were toeing the line between a 8/9/bubble before our great 4-game run to end the season so that is what ultimately gave us the edge in my opinion.

Duke and UVA weren't great last year. Good wins but they didn't move the needle on our BPI too much. We were toeing the line between a 8/9/bubble before our great 4-game run to end the season so that is what ultimately gave us the edge in my opinion.

Both were top 10 wins and made two more than we have this year.

I guess if we would have won our last two last year against VT and FSU we could have moved up to a 8 or 7.

I honestly thought we should have been a 6/7 last year.

Both were top 10 wins and made two more than we have this year.

I guess if we would have won our last two last year against VT and FSU we could have moved up to a 8 or 7.

I honestly thought we should have been a 6/7 last year.

They were top 10 wins on paper but if I remember correctly UVA was on a 3-game skid/playing banged up when we beat them and we got Duke sans Grayson Allen and were also struggling. Of course, huge wins but I think yeah it was ultimately about the finish.

We finished with a better record this year is all that i can think of. Last year we actually beat one more ranked team than we did this year. We also opened the season ranked #13 this year and last year we opened up also receiving votes. I think that we were on the NCAA selection committees radar since day 1 this year while last year we didn't really show up until later in the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back