L. Miller cleared for contact, impresses Dolphins teammates

SolidCane

Senior
Banned
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-lamar-miller-cleared-for-contact-impresses-dolphins-teammates-20120729,0,7023883.story

Lamar Miller spent most of the offseason wrapped in imaginary bubble wrap, protected from contact.

The former University of Miami standout the Miami Dolphins traded up to select in the fourth-round of the 2012 NFL draft saw his draft stock plummet because of a shoulder injury he played his junior season with, and one that wasn’t fully healed during this summer's OTA work.

During the offseason program Miller's participation was limited because of his shoulder issues. Sunday was the team’s first day working in full pads during training camp, and that meant it was the first time Miller tested his surgically repaired shoulder.

“I wasn’t nervous at all. This is football,” said Miller, who rushed for 1,918 yards and scored 16 touchdowns in his two seasons of playing at Miami. “I got cleared [for contract] by the doctor a month ago. I’ve been good about the rehab and it just keeps getting better every day.”

The Dolphins hope Miller's play does the same thing considering they envision him as the team's top kickoff returner, and a change of pace back who shares the backfield with Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas.

Since joining the team Miller has been one of playmakers the team’s most excited about because of his breakaway speed. Center Mike Pouncey labels Miller the team’s most exciting player to watch because of his knack for finding open running lanes.

"Lamar Miller has great vision for a running back,” said cornerback Sean Smith. “Every day he (breaks) at least one (good run).”

Advertisement
"Lamar Miller has great vision for a running back,” said cornerback Sean Smith. “Every day he (breaks) at least one (good run).”

Miller's vision is his most underrated attribute.

Last edited:
I hope Miller starts fighting for that last yard now that the shoulder is supposedly 100%. I also hope he's been working hard on his balance because there were a couple of times he would have taken it to the house where he got tripped up over grass monsters.

That shoulder will probably always be a source of concern. He'll do well as a kick returner. The fish have some RB talent.....

Advertisement
I hope Miller starts fighting for that last yard now that the shoulder is supposedly 100%. I also hope he's been working hard on his balance because there were a couple of times he would have taken it to the house where he got tripped up over grass monsters.

Every TD he scored was like a long run... Balance really isnt his issue its his health...

Every TD he scored was like a long run... Balance really isnt his issue its his health...

his balance was evident in the opening rub vs OSU

[video=youtube;TgV-PmUdif0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgV-PmUdif0&feature=relmfu[/video]

Advertisement

his balance was evident in the opening rub vs OSU

[video=youtube;TgV-PmUdif0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgV-PmUdif0&feature=relmfu[/video]

Looks like he stepped on one of the defenders feet. Kind of hard to keep your balance when you're running full speed and something like that happens. Balance was never his issue. It is and always has been his durability.

Advertisement
Back