Jordan Miller is officially returning next year…

Advertisement
This is great to hear. I actually really like Miller's game and am looking forward to him having an expanded role. I am also glad that Wong is staying but I think Miller is needed as a balancing influence. Wong has a habit of trying to do too much on his own when he feels he has too. I think having another proven upperclassman around can help alleviate that.

Advertisement
I remember 3 years ago not being pumped about Kam. He was jag to me. Last year he developed into more. I think Wong can do that as well.

I remember 3 years ago not being pumped about Kam. He was jag to me. Last year he developed into more. I think Wong can do that as well.
Wong hasn't been a JAG since his frosh year. Dude has been giving you 15+ points per night, despite having little support. Kam needed to be in a system that allowed him to exploit his strengths, and this year he finally got a chance to do what he does best.

The next step for Wong is to break into the 20PPG+ tier, and that's likely, considering that he will get some of the shots that Moore and McGusty are leaving behind. If he can be more efficient, he will easily break into that group.

Wong hasn't been a JAG since his frosh year. Dude has been giving you 15+ points per night, despite having little support. Kam needed to be in a system that allowed him to exploit his strengths, and this year he finally got a chance to do what he does best.

The next step for Wong is to break into the 20PPG+ tier, and that's likely, considering that he will get some of the shots that Moore and McGusty are leaving behind. If he can be more efficient, he will easily break into that group.
I don't think that I called Wong jag but he certainly isn't a superstar. We're in agreement about Wong making that jump. If he does and we get a decent pg we should be back in the NCAA's next year. Maybe he even gets drafted.

Advertisement
I want to give Jordan Miller some props for some of our success this year.

He might be the most talented player on this years team.

I expect Norchad to get drafted late first round.

If Jordan and Isaiah are draftable, this might be the most talented team we've had since Bruce Brown and Lonnie. Maybe even more talented.

I want to give Jordan Miller some props for some of our success this year.

He might be the most talented player on this years team.

I expect Norchad to get drafted late first round.

If Jordan and Isaiah are draftable, this might be the most talented team we've had since Bruce Brown and Lonnie. Maybe even more talented.
He's averaging 15.5 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 1.5 steals on 54% shooting, 36% from 3, and 83% from the line. If he keeps this up, he should be an All ACC team selection.

I'm not sure how he projects at the NBA. We play him like a big a lot of the time, but he's not big enough to do that in the NBA. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a good all around player.

I dont think we have any NBA guys on this roster and thats not a knock on them. Hope they make it. But they all have fatal flaws for that level. I just dont think people understand how big that jump is...

That being said we have a bunch of guys who can have long, lucrative careers in some over seas leagues. I know a guy who had about 2 ft of range and made a couple of bucks bouncing around, got his footing financially and now is one of Mayweathers Bodyguards (he is an absolute monster)

But thats why its so enjoyable to watch this team and how L does it. I fully expect a stretch where we lose a few and some fans panic only to see us clean it up and finish strong.

But the tournament is so unpredictable. You need to get hot but this team also needs a good draw. The last thing they need is to be the 3/4 seed and catch some mid major who has some height and can shoot. Still just a lot of fund to watch.

I'm hoping Casey sees how Jordan operates and fills that roll next year. **** I wish Walker would see how he plays and try to be the Right handed version of him.

He's averaging 15.5 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 1.5 steals on 54% shooting, 36% from 3, and 83% from the line. If he keeps this up, he should be an All ACC team selection.

I'm not sure how he projects at the NBA. We play him like a big a lot of the time, but he's not big enough to do that in the NBA. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a good all around player.
I think that Jordans size is fine to play wing at the next level.

I don't think that there is any way that Norchad doesn't get drafted. Especially due to his ability at his class(soph).

Isaiah is a question mark for me. Older kid, good player but not great. Sort of a tweener. Solid defender. He'll have to kill it this year to be noticed.

Advertisement

I don't think that there is any way that Norchad doesn't get drafted. Especially due to his ability at his class(soph).

Isaiah is a question mark for me. Older kid, good player but not great. Sort of a tweener. Solid defender. He'll have to kill it this year to be noticed.
If Wong plays like he does the last 2 games, he'll be drafted. One thing that has gone a little unnoticed is how much he's improved as a playmaker for others. He's our team leader in assists. He's also improved as a defender, leading the team in steals.

Nah probably not unfortunately cause I like Jordan. Wing is the most explosive position in the nba right now currently and he’s not quite big or athletic enough to be a productive one for an nba team.

Advertisement
Honestly, I believe we have three potential fringe NBA players.

Wong, Miller, and Poplar

Miller and Poplar fit the archetype of a 3&D&D player at the next level (poplar more than miller). Now I don't think Miller will be a rotational piece but if everything goes right I think he is the 12th or 15th man at best. He can drive and shoot and isn't overly unathletic, if his shot translates he will have a shot at making a roster or a 2-way spot, if not then he'll kill it in Turkey.

Wong has potential as he is so good right now and still has so much more he can improve on, but his age is the factor with teams not being as patient with older rookies.

Poplar is a modern wing, If he takes off his junior year he has a chance at being a decent rotational piece. I see him fitting in the NBA as a Bruce Brown type' of player.

Honestly, I believe we have three potential fringe NBA players.

Wong, Miller, and Poplar

Miller and Poplar fit the archetype of a 3&D&D player at the next level (poplar more than miller). Now I don't think Miller will be a rotational piece but if everything goes right I think he is the 12th or 15th man at best. He can drive and shoot and isn't overly unathletic, if his shot translates he will have a shot at making a roster or a 2-way spot, if not then he'll kill it in Turkey.

Wong has potential as he is so good right now and still has so much more he can improve on, but his age is the factor with teams not being as patient with older rookies.

Poplar is a modern wing, If he takes off his junior year he has a chance at being a decent rotational piece. I see him fitting in the NBA as a Bruce Brown type' of player.
Poplar's dribbling ability especially in transition really needs work. Dude is athletic as **** but he needs to work on some stuff.

Nah probably not unfortunately cause I like Jordan. Wing is the most explosive position in the nba right now currently and he’s not quite big or athletic enough to be a productive one for an nba team.
I'd wait until the end of the season before you determine he has no future in the NBA due to his size. He's no smaller nor less athletic than Rip Hamilton. Not as good a shooter but his length and size is fine.

Advertisement
Back