Jelani Hamilton

freespirted305

Freshman
With other threads showing lack of DE a concern for the upcoming year, I was wondering if there is any information on the status of Jelani Hamilton's recovery? I remember hearing he is back to running already. Nowadays ACL's can be a 4-6 month recovery instead of a year. If he's cleared for summer practice we very well may need him due to our depth concerns this year.

Advertisement
eh ACL's still take time plus he still has that baby fat

he needs to redshirt

Feel like a redshirt would be the best way to go for him as well. Had he not torn his ACL he would be in the 2 deep immediately. I just don't want them to rush his recovery. Let him learn the college game while rehabbing the knee and he can be ready to rock and roll as a redshirt freshman.

JH will redshirt. Last I heard from folks connected to staff. He will not be ready for the season, and there is no reason to push him.

I'd like for him to 'shirt. Needs to heel up and get bigger and grow a bit into that body. I think he'll make a nice power end on this team and can see the staff using Jelani Hamilton much like they used Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple.

Advertisement
I would like a RS but someone has to play DE. All we got is Chick, Green, Williams (who may or may not be small) and Pierre (I got him as a DE). Hoillet and McCord both seem on the small side to contribute next year.

Well just read Pierre is 299 so I doubt he will be a DE.

**** we are thin over there.

Last edited:
DE is very thin. Hopefully mccord will add some weight before he arrives. Possible we see more 3_4 this year.

Advertisement
Back