Jamie Dixon leaves Pitt for TCU

Advertisement
[TWEET]712007417958105089[/TWEET]

He was probably getting ****canned next year if they didn't advance far enough. He saw the writing on the wall

Easier job, all the way around. Big XII is top-heavy, and they (TCU) have a better chance of going places than Shytt does. He wasn't going anywhere with the Panthers, and despite his "success" in getting to the tourney a bunch of years, he never really got them anywhere.

Plus, I believe Texass doesn't have a state income tax, so if he's getting paid roughly the same amount (or a little more), he's going to be making quite a bit more in that regard.

Advertisement
Pitt's Frank Haith? Let's hope not

Somebody better start messing with potential replacement coach's Wikipedia pages...

Stephen F. Austin guy is headed to Okie State, so that is one coaching candidate gone. Interesting to see who emerges as the leader for the Pitt job.

Advertisement
I understand he went to school there. I understand the Big XII is worse than the ACC, but this wasn't a Haith situation. He went to the NCAAs 11 of 13 years. He won 31, 20, 25, 29, 27, 31, 25, 28, 22, 24, 26, 19, 21 games. He got to 4 Sweet 16s and an Elite 8. He won the conference (Big East) twice.

Agree, odd. If Pitt admin and fans are fine with him leaving, their expectations are too high. Aside from some early NCAA tourney exits, Dixon did a solid job and they will be hard pressed to do better.

Sean Miller is a name to keep an eye on. He is a Pitt alum. His brother Archie at Dayton as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back