Jalen Grimble

• Thread starter Thread starter 88
  • Start date Start date

All ACC
Premium
This guys kind of flown under the radar on these boards compared to other big recruits in the past. We always talk about how we are dying for a stud DT... Scout had this kid at 5 star 7th best Dt in the nation in11' , and played a whole lot as a freshman. His offer sheet was also outstanding.

Is there a consensus from his tape or performance last season that this kid was overhyped.

I'd like to hear what some of you football heads think about this kid after his first season. Could this kid be the DT or 3-4 end we've been begging for.

Advertisement
The kid would have benifited greatly from a redshirt. I think you will see a huge increase in performance this year. I saw the kid as a recruit and he was huge. Can't imagine what he will look like in year 2 of the program.

Btw, has anyone seen Chickillo lately? Kid is straight jacked!

The kid would have benifited greatly from a redshirt. I think you will see a huge increase in performance this year. I saw the kid as a recruit and he was huge. Can't imagine what he will look like in year 2 of the program.

I keep hearing this about Chick... does anyone have a pic of what he looks like these days?

I too am curious to hear more thoughts on Grimble. This kid was very highly regarded coming out of high school.....could we possible get another 5 star DT dud (ala Forston) or will good fortune finally smile upon us with this kid.

One thing is for sure....it may not be talked about much on these boards but Grimble could very well end up being one of the most important players on the roster over the next 2-3 years. The situation at DT is ugly to say the least.

Advertisement

I keep hearing this about Chick... does anyone have a pic of what he looks like these days?

There is a video interview with him on the recruiting board.

I too am curious to hear more thoughts on Grimble. This kid was very highly regarded coming out of high school.....could we possible get another 5 star DT dud (ala Forston) or will good fortune finally smile upon us with this kid.

One thing is for sure....it may not be talked about much on these boards but Grimble could very well end up being one of the most important players on the roster over the next 2-3 years. The situation at DT is ugly to say the least.

When Grimble was on the field last year he looked very very small for a linemen

Yeah like another poster said a redshirt would have done him some good. I think we'll see progress with Jalen this year but I think he might still be a year away to really show off his talent. Imo

Yeah like another poster said a redshirt would have done him some good. I think we'll see progress with Jalen this year but I think he might still be a year away to really show off his talent. Imo

i mean really small. i was like wtf. wasnt he 17 at the beginning of the season last year?

Advertisement
Grimble weighed in at 290lbs recently. Chick is 265lbs. Ricardo Williams is at 255lbs and is 6'6....I'm excited as **** to see our boys line up against the opposition and blow them off the line

There's a recent canes all acces video on you tube where joe z interviews him. Kid looks thick

Grimble weighed in at 290lbs recently. Chick is 265lbs. Ricardo Williams is at 255lbs and is 6'6....I'm excited as **** to see our boys line up against the opposition and blow them off the line

Good news if true. Thought D$ was saying he still looked like a LB. Grimble at 290 is nice too.

I expect Chick to do everything he possibly can to be the best player he possibly can so whatever he does, doesn't surprise me.

Advertisement

Good news if true. Thought D$ was saying he still looked like a LB. Grimble at 290 is nice too.

I expect Chick to do everything he possibly can to be the best player he possibly can so whatever he does, doesn't surprise me.

Regarding Rico, I think a lot of the way he looks is due to his height. The kid could add 20lbs and still look lean because of his frame. He is built more like a basketball player, but I think he will turn some heads this year. I'm actually happy that Ojomo and Vernon left to give some of these younger guys playing time. I'm not worried about the DE position as much as some people.

That's great news on all of those weights if true.

I saw Ricardo on the sidelines vs Duke. He was wearing street clothes and his jersey. Kid looked like he weighed 190 pounds soaking wet. Sounds like he is really hitting the U-Tough workouts hard.

Advertisement
My sister is in Rico's music history class or something and they are good friends. She says Miami makes him eat a crazy amount of food per day and he puts in a lot of extra work by himself. Chick is in her broadcasting class and she says he's unbelievably huge. That's coming from a 5'6 girl though.

My sister is in Rico's music history class or something and they are good friends. She says Miami makes him eat a crazy amount of food per day and he puts in a lot of extra work by himself. Chick is in her broadcasting class and she says he's unbelievably huge. That's coming from a 5'6 girl though.

Intredasting :newman:

Advertisement
Back