Is it a violation to text or tweet a booster?

ACKCANE

Junior
What about responding to a message on a message board? Responding in a thread on a message board? Are players allowed to be on message boards?

Advertisement
as a student athlete you are not allowed to talk to or around anyone. no eating unless its by yourself or with teammates. you may only have a girlfriend if you lock them in the closet for an extended period of time. "tweeting" amongst teammates is aloud but only about studying and football. there is no "tweeting" with anyone else under any circumstanses. Spongebob is also required film.

other than that your pretty free to do what you want.

It is not a violation to talk to anyone, even an agent. Exchanging gifts, getting a ride, farting at the same time, however....

I think that Miami upped their team rules, no? Talking to an agent/booster might be against those.

Advertisement
It is not a violation to talk to anyone, even an agent. Exchanging gifts, getting a ride, farting at the same time, however....

I think that Miami upped their team rules, no? Talking to an agent/booster might be against those.

oh what could have been

I can't imagine why talking to a booster would be against team rules.

I am not a compliance guru, but....

Dont believe that talking is an issue, since a number of athletes have Golden Canes assigned to them. What is definitely against NCAA rules are most types of meetings, because they dont want improper benefits to be given.

BTW, "booster" has a fairly wide definition. Everyone on here is most likely considered a booster. For example, if you meet a player at a restaurant, you cant buy them anything.

Advertisement

I can't imagine why talking to a booster would be against team rules.

Zero tolerance and stricter restrictions after Shapirogate? Truly, we don't know what Golden has set out for these kids.

Advertisement
Back