Interesting fact from the NFL combine

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Six defensive backs from South Florida participated in the Combine today. Janoris Jenkins (Pahokee) Jayron Hosely (Atlantic), Philip Thomas (Edison), Josh Robinson (Plantation), Dwight Bentley (Pahokee) and Antonio Fenelus (Boca Raton).

No defensive back from the University of Miami was invited.

In fact, two of the players listed above (Hosely and Thomas) were specifically rejected by the head coach after the DB coach recommended an offer. This is something I don't think will happen under Coach Golden's watch.

Advertisement
I know were Jenkins and hosely went to college, we're did the others?

Robinson went to UCF (ran a 4.33, fastest in the combine), Bentley went to Louisiana-Lafayette, Thomas went to Syracuse and Fenelus went to Wisconsin.

I remember Josh Robinson from 2009....teammates with Brandon McGee. The concensus was McGee was the only player on that team worthy of an offer from us.

Advertisement
Who needs them. We have McGlost and a converted RB playing corner. That should be sufficient.

emm, makes you think. Judging by our DB class this year this will be a changing result.

Advertisement
Very interesting. It's all about the evaluation in So. Fla. So many under the radar players who end up big time, Looks like a lot of coaches missed out. Golden mentioned that next to QB, corner was the toughest position to evaluate out of HS.

I know were Jenkins and hosely went to college, we're did the others?

Robinson went to UCF (ran a 4.33, fastest in the combine), Bentley went to Louisiana-Lafayette, Thomas went to Syracuse and Fenelus went to Wisconsin.

Four of the top 10 forty times were kids from SoFla...3 Canes and Robinson (DB from UCF) speed should never be an issue at UM

Six defensive backs from South Florida participated in the Combine today. Janoris Jenkins (Pahokee) Jayron Hosely (Atlantic), Philip Thomas (Edison), Josh Robinson (Plantation), Dwight Bentley (Pahokee) and Antonio Fenelus (Boca Raton).

No defensive back from the University of Miami was invited.

In fact, two of the players listed above (Hosely and Thomas) were specifically rejected by the head coach after the DB coach recommended an offer. This is something I don't think will happen under Coach Golden's watch.

Very interesting. It's all about the evaluation in So. Fla. So many under the radar players who end up big time, Looks like a lot of coaches missed out. Golden mentioned that next to QB, corner was the toughest position to evaluate out of HS.

Four of the top 10 forty times were kids from SoFla...3 Canes and Robinson (DB from UCF) speed should never be an issue at UM

Golden is doing the Jack head nod...

44.gif

Advertisement
Back