Hurns

SebastianTheIbis

Pipe Smokin' Mofugga
What's goin on with this guy? I thought he was one of our best receivers last year when he was on the field and was poised for greatness. But all of a sudden he's second string and we aren't hearing anything about him. All spring we've heard about Scott and some Dorsett and even some Thompkins, but not a thing about Hurns. I had to go check the spring depth chart to make sure he wasn't hurt.

With all the reps he's getting due to our lack of depth you'd think his name would come up some more. Anyone have any insight here? Is he going to get buried once the freshmen show up? I really thought this kid was going to be something special.

Advertisement
He's been recovering from shoulder surgery this spring. He is participating but no one is allowed to hit him (he's in a no contact jersey).

That is probably why you don't hear a lot about Hurns.

He's been recovering from shoulder surgery this spring. He is participating but no one is allowed to hit him (he's in a no contact jersey).

We should be more worried about how he was doing well and just completely hit a wall toward the end of last year with all the wide open drops he had. If he can go from that sophmore case of the dropsies to a goto threat, Ala Hankerson, this offense would be formidable, especially with Dorsett in the slot and what sounds like the recent emergence of Scott. That would take load and a half off James and the OL.

I think the kid will be just fine. To be honest I'm not overly concerned about our WR corps. I think Scott, Hurns, Dorsett, Thompkins and Crawford can be a fairly good unit. Add in the freshmen reinforcements to the competition and I think we will be ok.

He didn't participate in the Ft. Myers scrimmage at all. Him along with the other injured players ran/jogged the entire scrimmage.

Advertisement

We should be more worried about how he was doing well and just completely hit a wall toward the end of last year with all the wide open drops he had. If he can go from that sophmore case of the dropsies to a goto threat, Ala Hankerson, this offense would be formidable, especially with Dorsett in the slot and what sounds like the recent emergence of Scott. That would take load and a half off James and the OL.

It could be that Hurns was struggling because he had a bad shoulder that required surgery in the off-season. Let's just hope he is fully recovered by August.

It could be that Hurns was struggling because he had a bad shoulder that required surgery in the off-season. Let's just hope he is fully recovered by August.

This. The kid was hurt for a good part of the year last year and it affected his play. He will be a go to guy for us this year

Too bad he's been injured, he was way raw when he came in and has finally started to develop. Really needed a complete Spring to continue to produce.

Advertisement
the WR core can be serviceable but there are no game breakers at this point. that is a concern. there isnt really anyone to stretch the field. Dorsett has not shown that he can do that. maybe he will next year

Same thing as last year’s spring game and he was the most impressive guy in the game

This. The kid was hurt for a good part of the year last year and it affected his play. He will be a go to guy for us this year

Same reason Lamar Miller's play started to be less effective. Guys play through the injuries but just aren't the same.

Advertisement
Injuries definitely slowed Hurns down but also the emergence for Streeter.

Jacory was never much of a progression QB and once he built that connection with Streeter it was tough to see balls go elsewhere. Injuries probably made just as much if not more of an impact but it was noted at great length during games that people would see Hurns running around wide open, a lot.

Jacory was never much of a progression QB and once he built that connection with Streeter it was tough to see balls go elsewhere. Injuries probably made just as much if not more of an impact but it was noted at great length during games that people would see Hurns running around wide open, a lot.

I don't know about this... Hew was gtargeted quite a few times against FSU and dropped the passes... I always liked Hurns but he struggled towards the end of last year... That being said you cant really blame Jacory for lack of production... Our offense was never really on the field long enough to really spread the ball around...

I don't know about this... Hew was gtargeted quite a few times against FSU and dropped the passes... I always liked Hurns but he struggled towards the end of last year... That being said you cant really blame Jacory for lack of production... Our offense was never really on the field long enough to really spread the ball around...

Oh no, I am not saying it was all on Jacory. Hurns was definitely slowing down and Stretter was stepping up. Jacory definitely shoulders some of it though but its just more a piece of the puzzle rather than the whole story.

I dont want to get caught up in the blame the guy who aint here crap.

Advertisement
Hurn started the season last year as the one of the team's most pleasant surprises....rarely dropping any ball he touched. However, it was pretty clear the shoulder injury mid-year affected Hurn's play.

It will be great to see him this Fall healthy again. I have a feeling he could end up UM's best possession receiver.

Advertisement
Back