Advertisement
Advertisement
LT: Sampson / McCoy
LG: Bell / McCoy
C: Kinsler / McCoy / Rod / figure it out in portal
RG: Cooper
RT: mauigoa

Bell is an LT.

I'm not convinced Samson will be ready to be our starting LT next year - from what I saw, kid needs quite a bit of work.

If we land Bell (which I don't think we will - he'll probably stay at Ole Miss or MSU), then I see:

LT: Bell/Samson
LG: Portal/McCoy
C: Portal/Rodriguez
RG: Cooper/Kinsler
RT: Francis/McCoy

Will be interesting to see what the staff does with McCoy and Kinsler next spring.

Bell is an LT.

I'm not convinced Samson will be ready to be our starting LT next year - from what I saw, kid needs quite a bit of work.

If we land Bell (which I don't think we will - he'll probably stay at Ole Miss or MSU), then I see:

Will be interesting to see what the staff does with McCoy and Kinsler next spring.
I agree I'm not sure how people keep putting Samson in their starting lineups. One thing consistent about knee injuries here Zion, Citizen and Arroyo the expectation should never be for them to return early. You probably can add Chaney to that list, some how some way there usually is a set back.

I agree I'm not sure how people keep putting Samson in their starting lineups. One thing consistent about knee injuries here Zion, Citizen and Arroyo the expectation should never be for them to return early. You probably can add Chaney to that list, some how some way there usually is a set back.
I was higher on Francis cause he was playing at IMG. My only concern with pancake was he was playing no one so you could not measure his strength vs bigger dudes. I want to see how he fills out (pause)
But yea it may be a good while before we see him play. If at all the way we recruit OL

Advertisement
Isnt this a problem that should be addressed?

Advertisement
I thought Tripp was brought in as a center?
He was, personally just don’t think he’s that good. Might take him a while, there’s a reason we went after Lew and were trying to get him to stick.

If we can show Lee that a real QB is coming in the portal + give him a bag, I think we can convince him to stay.

Advertisement
Wait..this wasn’t an OV? ****. Good to know!

Apparently not. Which is good. It looks like the Mississippi schools are our biggest comp due to NIL, at least according to 247, but we made a good impression.

My own take - any OL who choses to go anywhere other than Miami is an idiot. Say what you will but everything about Mario's program is centered around coaching up the OL and making sure they succeed. Now if you're 6'9 and 350 lbs, you're getting drafted by the NFL no matter where you go... so from that perspective he can still go to Mississippi and go to the league. But and however, the level of coaching and development he'll get here given that we have like 10 offensive line coaches including our head coach and the whole program is geared toward it, he'll be much further along.

Honestly with that size, I don't give a **** about his star ranking this kid's ceiling is the #1 overall pick. His best chance of hitting that ceiling is to go to where he's going to be coached up the best, which for an OL is Miami.

Bell is an LT.

Think Kinsler will be given first crack LG. Don’t forget about Tinilau. Even though he can’t play this year he has been practicing .

Agree our starting C is playing somewhere else this year. Keep on eye that JUCO kid we lost out to Arkansas this past summer. If Pittman is fired, he could become available and he will still have his 1 time free transfer. Amaury Wiggins.

Bump. So did we miss out on this kid? Seems like the consensus was that if we didn't get a commitment this week it would be tough and he was SEC bound?

Advertisement
Back