High school coach, player’s father deny latest UM accusation

Advertisement

And Ray Ray's dad said the same thing and we saw how that turned out.

What worries me is, why is Allen calling all of these kids and being called by them? People are saying 'Duke was coming here anyway', forget about people saying it steered kids there, my bigger concern is why were calls being exchanged between Allen and players in the first place?

Duke's father tried to explain it. Duke called Allen for UM gear he could wear at a 7 on 7/testing event in Oregon called The Opening. A player calling a staffer, which Allen was, isn't a violation by the way. Robinson never said it was a violation in his article. But he did throw it in and let it sit there. So it appears like its a violation with one of our highest profile recruits when surrounded by all the other calls that the article says were recruiting if Allen was the one doing the calling.

Sure, the Duke thing as explained by his father doesnt seem like a big deal and maybe it's not. I am sure individually they could go through each call and have a supposed valid reason, but I have to wonder when looking at them collectively, why is he on the phone with so many recruits? Who knows, maybe he is just one of those guys that wants to friend recruits (that would appear to be the best case scenario), but man we need to be on top of that stuff.

I'll tell you why hes on the phone with all those recruits. he is a jock sniffer and wants to feel like he is part of something. these kids are local stars and he has some ties to Miami. he can be buddy buddy with them for that reason.

Chick's family, Duke's family, and the other mentioned players should find the biggest crook of a lawyer they can find, and sue for everything that MAY possibly stick.

And you don't just sue Robinson - you also go after his employer - Yahoo, the one with the deep pockets, and who knows?

Couple years, and all these young men may be able to retire quite wealthy, along with a significant block of Yahoo stock.

Chick's family, Duke's family, and the other mentioned players should find the biggest crook of a lawyer they can find, and sue for everything that MAY possibly stick.

And you don't just sue Robinson - you also go after his employer - Yahoo, the one with the deep pockets, and who knows?

Couple years, and all these young men may be able to retire quite wealthy, along with a significant block of Yahoo stock.

I hear ya, but it's extremely difficult. These reporters run alot through their own legal department before releasing an article. The allegations are carefully worded. UM is in a difficult spot as well. It's in their best interest to go through this investigation quietly.

Yahoo will be out of business in 10 years.

Advertisement

What worries me is, why is Allen calling all of these kids and being called by them? People are saying 'Duke was coming here anyway', forget about people saying it steered kids there, my bigger concern is why were calls being exchanged between Allen and players in the first place?

Duke's father tried to explain it. Duke called Allen for UM gear he could wear at a 7 on 7/testing event in Oregon called The Opening. A player calling a staffer, which Allen was, isn't a violation by the way. Robinson never said it was a violation in his article. But he did throw it in and let it sit there. So it appears like its a violation with one of our highest profile recruits when surrounded by all the other calls that the article says were recruiting if Allen was the one doing the calling.

they shouldn't have even given a reason beyond "Duke was just returning a call" or something. Saying he wanted to borrow an item is **** near saying he wanted free UM gear cause who gives back used hats/shirts? And with the thought that usually the 1st time someone gets caught isn't the first time they did something then on the surface folk might think "well maybe he got free gear prior so felt comfortable to ask that time for more". To be on the safe side we should suspend Duke for the opener.

and honestly this article is harder to refute than the Shapiro allegations cause Shapiro exaggerates so much that he kills his own credibility whenever he was asked about anything. This is he hosted a guy and called the coach, then the player, the coach, the player back to back to back. If this is another school we'd see it clearly as the guy playing the middle man. Now if he got directions from Golden? I think Golden is smart enough not to tell him directly, but maybe tell an assistant if anything to have him do it. That way he's not directly linked to anything negative and can easily dismiss things related to him. But it doesn't look good.

my question with Robinson and Yahoo is the timing. Why they have to do these stories right before the season both times? Can they do it in the spring or something where there is time for it be sorted instead of right on the brink of the season? I know this is the best time as far as it being big news and making a splash but its borderline unethical doing it so close to the season.

they shouldn't have even given a reason beyond "Duke was just returning a call" or something. Saying he wanted to borrow an item is **** near saying he wanted free UM gear cause who gives back used hats/shirts? And with the thought that usually the 1st time someone gets caught isn't the first time they did something then on the surface folk might think "well maybe he got free gear prior so felt comfortable to ask that time for more". To be on the safe side we should suspend Duke for the opener.

and honestly this article is harder to refute than the Shapiro allegations cause Shapiro exaggerates so much that he kills his own credibility whenever he was asked about anything. This is he hosted a guy and called the coach, then the player, the coach, the player back to back to back. If this is another school we'd see it clearly as the guy playing the middle man. Now if he got directions from Golden? I think Golden is smart enough not to tell him directly, but maybe tell an assistant if anything to have him do it. That way he's not directly linked to anything negative and can easily dismiss things related to him. But it doesn't look good.

my question with Robinson and Yahoo is the timing. Why they have to do these stories right before the season both times? Can they do it in the spring or something where there is time for it be sorted instead of right on the brink of the season? I know this is the best time as far as it being big news and making a splash but its borderline unethical doing it so close to the season.

Stop posting

Stop posting

take the orange and green glasses off. the arguments against the latest article are weak. last year's allegations were just so over the top they were easy to refute and players still ended up getting suspended. and other steps were taken to show cooperation and hopefully make the penalties be less when they come. so you suspend Duke to be proactive. As for Golden, name a coach known as a great recruiter who hasn't been accused of being less than 100% on the up and up. The really good ones know how to bend the rules but stay out of the bulls eye.

Advertisement
You keep missing the most important thing: Duke Johnson did not call Sean Allen asking for Canes gear. He called to see what gear and if her could even wear Canes gear to The Opening.

Duke Johnson probably has more Canes gear in his closet than any of us do.

He was calling Sean Allen for a pair of gloves? GTFO.

Stop posting

take the orange and green glasses off. the arguments against the latest article are weak. last year's allegations were just so over the top they were easy to refute and players still ended up getting suspended. and other steps were taken to show cooperation and hopefully make the penalties be less when they come. so you suspend Duke to be proactive. As for Golden, name a coach known as a great recruiter who hasn't been accused of being less than 100% on the up and up. The really good ones know how to bend the rules but stay out of the bulls eye.

Seriously stop. How many games would you suspend Chickillo then? How about Waters? Etc. Do you even understand that theses "new allegations" have already been investigated by the NCAA? Do you know what a NCAA violation is and which ones are minor/major?

Man, not only our team was full it, but even part of our fan base is comprised of pu$$**s.

At least Golden is getting rid of the players...

Those phone calls can only suggest, but proves nothing! NOTHING! Unless you can get the transcript(legally) and they mean what Robinson is claiming... Well, now I´m remembering I know nothing about American laws...lol

Back to the point, and to what matters, this Robinson guy will be always wrong, always! Fack Robinson and fack our pu$$** fans!!
How I picture everyone posting to rcirclejerk - Imgur.webp

Last edited:
Most of this revolves around the fact we are an easy target. We always will be. College football took it in the shorts the day Pedo State was exposed. College Football has placed money above all for quite a while. If this is all we have going on, then I have no real concerns. The NCAA is a joke at best. As for Yahoo, all you need to see is the price difference between Yahoo ($16) and Google ($617) stock. I would not be surprised if Yahoo is dead before ten years. This latest round of BS is nothing more than trying to stay relevant. The bs from Pedo State pretty much keeps our bs in two different stratospheres. Apologies for the rambling.

Advertisement
Most of this revolves around the fact we are an easy target. We always will be. College football took it in the shorts the day Pedo State was exposed. College Football has placed money above all for quite a while. If this is all we have going on, then I have no real concerns. The NCAA is a joke at best. As for Yahoo, all you need to see is the price difference between Yahoo ($16) and Google ($617) stock. I would not be surprised if Yahoo is dead before ten years. This latest round of BS is nothing more than trying to stay relevant. The bs from Pedo State pretty much keeps our bs in two different stratospheres. Apologies for the rambling.
Great post...

My rant above is because I can´t understand our friendly fire... you go in all Miami forums and you find people trying to rationalize and almost cheer for some of Robinsons allegations to be true... or former players like R. Hill having the petulance of rant at Golden before know the facts.

The first article was much worse(violation wise) and some of the worrisome allegations(D. Jones) proved to be at least inconsistent. Do people really believe Golden would send this equipment guy to recruit?!? In the middle of a NCAA investigation?!? And you have to see Tennessee fans having the nerve to say Chick was going there until a lap dance?!? Chick only came to Miami because of this?!

Attachments

• How I feel when my friend takes a speed bump to fast - Imgur.webp
    How I feel when my friend takes a speed bump to fast - Imgur.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Great post...

My rant above is because I can´t understand our friendly fire... you go in all Miami forums and you find people trying to rationalize and almost cheer for some of Robinsons allegations to be true... or former players like R. Hill having the petulance of rant at Golden before know the facts.

The first article was much worse(violation wise) and the majority of the allegations proved to be at least inconsistent. Do people really believe Golden would send this equipment guy to recruit?!? In the middle of a NCAA investigation?!? C´mon...
Chick only came to Miami because of this?!
View attachment 9798
...and you have to see Tennessee fans having the nerve to say Chick was going there until a lap dance?!?

But like you said, we are the easy target...

I hear you. The allegations this go round are simply ridiculous. If he wants to go after something, he should be looking into out of work coaches being added to staffs under different titles to get around the 9 coach rule. Not to mention, since they are "admin" they are not bound by the same rules for time. To me, this is where the big schools have a real advantage over the smaller ones.

Most of the hating going on stems from a team being elephant trunked by the Canes at some point or other. For the record, the photo in your post is quite disturbing. And I do not know what is worse, the tool bag dressed in the costume or all that fat jiggling in an uncontrollable manner.:eekeyes:

Great post...

The first article was much worse(violation wise) and the majority of the allegations proved to be at least inconsistent. Do people really believe Golden would send this equipment guy to recruit?!? In the middle of a NCAA investigation?!? C´mon...
Chick only came to Miami because of this?!
View attachment 9798
...and you have to see Tennessee fans having the nerve to say Chick was going there until a lap dance?!?

But like you said, we are the easy target...

I hear you. The allegations this go round are simply ridiculous. If he wants to go after something, he should be looking into out of work coaches being added to staffs under different titles to get around the 9 coach rule. Not to mention, since they are "admin" they are not bound by the same rules for time. To me, this is where the big schools have a real advantage over the smaller ones.

Most of the hating going on stems from a team being elephant trunked by the Canes at some point or other. For the record, the photo in your post is quite disturbing. And I do not know what is worse, the tool bag dressed in the costume or all that fat jiggling in an uncontrollable manner.:eekeyes:
I know, I know... lol

But the situation with Chick, a 3rd generation Cane, being accused by Robinson of only join Miami because of a lap dance is so ridiculous, that I need to find an equal lap dance...

Advertisement
If a lap dance is solely responsible for turning Chick - somebody tell me where to find that girl.

I want one too.

Advertisement
Back