High school coach, player’s father deny latest UM accusation

Advertisement
the fact that chickillo and duke johnson were named by Robinson as guys with allen tabs or reasons to persuade to go to um tarnished his story from jump..chick and duke were um guys from the womb....

**** this guy is reaching...digging real deep......wow....

the fact that chickillo and duke johnson were named by Robinson as guys with allen tabs or reasons to persuade to go to um tarnished his story from jump..chick and duke were um guys from the womb....

this

Advertisement
Dude should have done his homework, anyone saying duke needed anything to come to miami is a idiot. Duke was coming no matter what. Same goes for chick.

So the players named are duke, chick, and bunch of players that went elsewhere? That really makes sense now

From the Sentinel:

Player named in Yahoo! report talks UM recruiting
by: Michael Casagrande July 21st, 2012 | 12:15 AM

So, by now you’ve likely read about the latest round of allegations made by Yahoo! Sports. It was the biggest story in college football on a sleepy Friday night in July.

Reactions varied, as usual.

One viewpoint came from a player who was named in the Yahoo report. Elston Lane, a former Miami Northwestern High star now at Texas Southern, spoke to my coworker Chris Hays about the person at the center of the report. Former Miami equipment manager Sean “Pee Wee” Allen was accused of multiple recruiting violations including one involving Lane.

“We was all cool with him and we talked to him a lot. He was like a friend to us,” Lane said. “We didn’t see him as like a person who worked for UM. It was more like he was one of our home boys, you know … he was just cool with us.”

Lane said he felt no pressure from Allen to play in Coral Gables.

“He’s a fan of UM, so of course, but he always told me to, ‘go where you think you’ll play,’ he never forced anything on any of us,” Lane said. “Like A.J. Leggett, he was highly recruited by UM, but Pee Wee was the one who told him the Florida State was not a bad school to look at also. He wasn’t really recruiting for UM. Just being a fan.

“He had nothing to do with our recruiting. Our recruiting was on us. He didn’t pitch anything to any of us on our recruiting. I don’t understand why people be saying he had inside deals on recruiting and all that stuff, when he had nothing. He was the equipment manager at Miami. He was somebody who we’d see and say, ‘Hey, what up,’ not like some recruiter for Miami.”

Advertisement
From the Sentinel:

So, by now you’ve likely read about the latest round of allegations made by Yahoo! Sports. It was the biggest story in college football on a sleepy Friday night in July.

One viewpoint came from a player who was named in the Yahoo report. Elston Lane, a former Miami Northwestern High star now at Texas Southern, spoke to my coworker Chris Hays about the person at the center of the report. Former Miami equipment manager Sean “Pee Wee” Allen was accused of multiple recruiting violations including one involving Lane.

“We was all cool with him and we talked to him a lot. He was like a friend to us,” Lane said. “We didn’t see him as like a person who worked for UM. It was more like he was one of our home boys, you know … he was just cool with us.”

“He’s a fan of UM, so of course, but he always told me to, ‘go where you think you’ll play,’ he never forced anything on any of us,” Lane said. “Like A.J. Leggett, he was highly recruited by UM, but Pee Wee was the one who told him the Florida State was not a bad school to look at also. He wasn’t really recruiting for UM. Just being a fan.

“He had nothing to do with our recruiting. Our recruiting was on us. He didn’t pitch anything to any of us on our recruiting. I don’t understand why people be saying he had inside deals on recruiting and all that stuff, when he had nothing. He was the equipment manager at Miami. He was somebody who we’d see and say, ‘Hey, what up,’ not like some recruiter for Miami.”

Yahoo is just throwing anything out there and seeing if it sticks. I dont think allen should have been calling or talking to players but it doesnt sound like he was steering kids to miami.

crossover22[]_[];653694 said:
From the Sentinel:

Yahoo is just throwing anything out there and seeing if it sticks. I dont think allen should have been calling or talking to players but it doesnt sound like he was steering kids to miami.

Exactly. Robinson wants me to believe that Miami was heavily after this kid Lane, so much so that he ultimately ended up at Texas Southern. I guess Golden can't close if recruits he's putting a full court press on ends up at Texas Southern

Advertisement

Bringing Duke's name into it is ridiculous. The evidence that I saw posted was 1 call from Allen to Duke

****es me off that Robinson can write whatever he wants without repercussions. The way he angles the Chickillo part of his article is crap too.

Last edited:

And Ray Ray's dad said the same thing and we saw how that turned out.

What worries me is, why is Allen calling all of these kids and being called by them? People are saying 'Duke was coming here anyway', forget about people saying it steered kids there, my bigger concern is why were calls being exchanged between Allen and players in the first place?

Duke's father tried to explain it. Duke called Allen for UM gear he could wear at a 7 on 7/testing event in Oregon called The Opening. A player calling a staffer, which Allen was, isn't a violation by the way. Robinson never said it was a violation in his article. But he did throw it in and let it sit there. So it appears like its a violation with one of our highest profile recruits when surrounded by all the other calls that the article says were recruiting if Allen was the one doing the calling.

Advertisement

And Ray Ray's dad said the same thing and we saw how that turned out.

What worries me is, why is Allen calling all of these kids and being called by them? People are saying 'Duke was coming here anyway', forget about people saying it steered kids there, my bigger concern is why were calls being exchanged between Allen and players in the first place?

Duke's father tried to explain it. Duke called Allen for UM gear he could wear at a 7 on 7/testing event in Oregon called The Opening. A player calling a staffer, which Allen was, isn't a violation by the way. Robinson never said it was a violation in his article. But he did throw it in and let it sit there. So it appears like its a violation with one of our highest profile recruits when surrounded by all the other calls that the article says were recruiting if Allen was the one doing the calling.

Sure, the Duke thing as explained by his father doesnt seem like a big deal and maybe it's not. I am sure individually they could go through each call and have a supposed valid reason, but I have to wonder when looking at them collectively, why is he on the phone with so many recruits? Who knows, maybe he is just one of those guys that wants to friend recruits (that would appear to be the best case scenario), but man we need to be on top of that stuff.

Which former Cane ****ed this guys wife, GF or whatever love interest? Homeboy has a HARD ON for Miami.

Advertisement
Back