Great sign from Newton last night

edge3241

Freshman
For the past few years I have attacked Newton's game understanding how talented he is but hated the way he plays. Last night Newton played like a point guard and did an incredible job. Last night was the best ball movement we've had since I can remember and Newton set the tone. He facilitated and waited for the game to come to him and when it was there he started to attack. If Newton keeps playing this way(Thank you Chris Paul) this team has a legit shot at the final four. It's by far our most talented team we've ever had and they will continue to get better and gain experience as the year goes on.

Advertisement
I think what helped Newton is that he shared ball handling duties with Brown and Lykes. Perhaps took some pressure off. He had a very good game. Like everybody else, he needs to knock down FTs. We can't have our guards shooting FTs at 60%.

I think what helped Newton is that he shared ball handling duties with Brown and Lykes. Perhaps took some pressure off. He had a very good game. Like everybody else, he needs to knock down FTs. We can't have our guards shooting FTs at 60%.

I think that's a great point. They all seemed to work very well together with good chemistry, and like you have pointed out, the ball movement they showed as a team takes pressure off Newton. He gets to play to his strengths, not having to be somebody he isn't.

The final 6 minutes of a game tells you who the Coach believes in.

Besides the starters (exclude DJ) you saw Lykes, Walker, Inzundu and Wardenburg. We will play guard oriented ball (quickness and driving to the hole). Huell will reap major benefits.

Advertisement
Back