great night for UM football...

Advertisement
How about we win the coastal?

How about we build our own stadium?

How about we get Jimmy Johnson back?

How about we blow out FSU 60-0?

How about we reupholster the chairs in the Edge Meeting Room?

Can't you just enjoy good news?

Are any of these mutually exclusive?

Nope

How about we recruit some defensive players?

How about we win more games in 2014?

Side note: I'm happy when we bring in studs through recruiting, we need to keep these beasts home (especially now on defense). I'm not happy when a starting LB with a ton of potential is being kicked out of school (his own fault). I'm not happy when our coach decides to rape us the way he did with PSU.

Last edited:
hope it all sticks.
scarlett 1st. bruce on the radio. they get mullins on the phone on qam. they get scarlett on the phone after mullins. seems like its been a long time since we've had a night like this. these guys all talking about staying home and keeping dade and broward at UM. gotta think they convince some others like SBB and ridley or others already headed or thinking of heading elsewhere to stay home.
Careful, the negative folks will string you up! Nice job recruiting these two by Golden.

Nope

Side note: I'm happy when we bring in studs through recruiting, we need to keep these beasts home (especially now on defense). I'm not happy when a starting LB with a ton of potential is being kicked out of school (his own fault). I'm not happy when our coach decides to rape us the way he did with PSU.

You compare Golden interviewing for the Penn State job with rape the day after two players get kicked off the team for rape. How exactly did Golden rape us?

You compare Golden interviewing for the Penn State job with rape the day after two players get kicked off the team for rape. How exactly did Golden rape us?

Rape or lack of consent.

Golden went there with all hope of getting that job and was MIA for a week (without our permission). It was a disgusting act that is hard to swallow.

Are you proud of him for doing that? How do you feel? Did you consent?

Advertisement

Rape or lack of consent.

Golden went there with all hope of getting that job and was MIA for a week (without our permission). It was a disgusting act that is hard to swallow.

Hated every moment of it, felt betrayed, but it's time to move on. He is going to get his shot this year, so as a Miami Hurricane, we have to be all in, no other real choice. At this juncture a Cane needs to have and keep an open mind, and realize the need for patience as the program is in much better hands now than recent former coaches. Hopefully, he will get better, and back to the point , he is the guy this year so real cane fans need to pull for him, JMO

Last edited:

Rape or lack of consent.

That is a stretch. I feel fine, and have been fine with it. We always know when we have a coach that there are the possibility of a few jobs catching their eye. With Golden, we always knew that if the Penn State job opened, he would take a look. He played there. He is from the North. It is a pretty good job in a college football only town. He took a look. I can't blame him for that. He didn't need to ask me. I am an adult. I have a job that I like, but if a potentially better job came along, or one that was at a place I always thought I would like to end up -- I would take a look. Then after a decision was made I would move on.

He moved on. No one knows the Penn State details. People on here don't like him so they said he didn't get the job. Or that he forced their hand into taking Coach D and that broke the deal. But no one knows the details.

Al Golden is the coach of Miami. I am rooting for him to succeed here. We have built up momentum in recruiting. Both big recruits yesterday mentioned Golden. They have moved on and committed to the U. Yet adults here act like high school girls who just saw their boyfriend talking to another girl.

Advertisement

Nope

I am with you a lot of the time, but give it a friggin rest until the season. Dude is kicking everyone rear right now. Enjoy it while we can. Something is going on out there and it looks good. Remember we wanted to fire Butch too(I sure did.)

That is a stretch. I feel fine, and have been fine with it. We always know when we have a coach that there are the possibility of a few jobs catching their eye. With Golden, we always knew that if the Penn State job opened, he would take a look. He played there. He is from the North. It is a pretty good job in a college football only town. He took a look. I can't blame him for that. He didn't need to ask me. I am an adult. I have a job that I like, but if a potentially better job came along, or one that was at a place I always thought I would like to end up -- I would take a look. Then after a decision was made I would move on.

He moved on. No one knows the Penn State details. People on here don't like him so they said he didn't get the job. Or that he forced their hand into taking Coach D and that broke the deal. But no one knows the details.

Al Golden is the coach of Miami. I am rooting for him to succeed here. We have built up momentum in recruiting. Both big recruits yesterday mentioned Golden. They have moved on and committed to the U. Yet adults here act like high school girls who just their boyfriend talking to another girl.

Here is the disconnect.

Golden has a bias (Penn State), the Miami fans (you and I) have a bias. So I support the program and what is best for the program above what is best for AG. I understand Golden wanted that job and that is cool, that is not my issue. The way he handled it is my issue. He was MIA for a week. This is kind of common knowledge for the fan base, the exact details may never be known.

First, he should have had his agent working on it. Then he could have went for a final interview (if necessary). Instead AG went and was MIA.

Second, he should have been here finishing recruiting and focused on his current job. The school reached out to him and there was no communication.

Your example with your job only affects a few people (no disrespect, I am the same). Al's job affected a ton of people and a recruiting class (not sure you remember how it ended in 2014). The way you handle your job and job search is your business. Don't blame the company you work for if you don't respond to their request for a status (hey, what's going on?) because they have their bias (the going concern).

I am hurt because our team went through Duke, VT and UL last year like __________ (insert crappy adjective). I am hurt because AG didn't make any changes this past off season. I am hurt because of the above. I am hurt as an alumni to watch this coach handle the PSU debacle.

I want Al (at MIAMI) because I support the program. I would be happy to see the following:

1. Win the coastal,
2. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0), and
3. 10 Wins before the Post-Season

I am glad Al is recruiting and getting these studs. He needs to keep doing it as that is his job and what he is paid to do. Now he has to develop them and win MORE games. All is forgiven, even my sore **** and butt hurt, if Al does the above.

I support the success of the program above all.

I'll admit I'm wrong, my initial thoughts were that the staff wasn't high on Snelson, changing my tune. Think he picks the U on Saturday.

I am with you a lot of the time, but give it a friggin rest until the season. Dude is kicking everyone rear right now. Enjoy it while we can. Something is going on out there and it looks good. Remember we wanted to fire Butch too(I sure did.)

I hear you. I am just a little ticked about what happened in the off season or what didn't happen. I'm also a little ticked (not Al's fault) that Figs is gone, I thought he was going to be a beast.

As for yesterday, I love bringing in big time studs, but unfortunately they won't have much to do with this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
yeah, coker is a prime example of talent overcoming coaching. i think we are stockpiling similar types of players, which is why i said in the next 2-4 years. if we find ourselves a qb out of olsen or kayaa and have 50th ranked defense, we will win a lot of games. i just want mediocrity on defense.

yeah, coker is a prime example of talent overcoming coaching. i think we are stockpiling similar types of players, which is why i said in the next 2-4 years. if we find ourselves a qb out of olsen or kayaa and have 50th ranked defense, we will win a lot of games. i just want mediocrity on defense.

This is a new one.

Advertisement
what's new? the defense has been bad. i'd take a 40th ranked defense to go with our offense and i think we win almost all of our games.

Al Golden is the coach of Miami. I am rooting for him to succeed here. We have built up momentum in recruiting. Both big recruits yesterday mentioned Golden. They have moved on and committed to the U. Yet adults here act like high school girls who just their boyfriend talking to another girl.

Here is the disconnect.

Golden has a bias (Penn State), the Miami fans (you and I) have a bias. So I support the program and what is best for the program above what is best for AG. I understand Golden wanted that job and that is cool, that is not my issue. The way he handled it is my issue. He was MIA for a week. This is kind of common knowledge for the fan base, the exact details may never be known.

First, he should have had his agent working on it. Then he could have went for a final interview (if necessary). Instead AG went and was MIA.

Second, he should have been here finishing recruiting and focused on his current job. The school reached out to him and there was no communication.

Your example with your job only affects a few people (no disrespect, I am the same). Al's job affected a ton of people and a recruiting class (not sure you remember how it ended in 2014). The way you handle your job and job search is your business. Don't blame the company you work for if you don't respond to their request for a status (hey, what's going on?) because they have their bias (the going concern).

I am hurt because our team went through Duke, VT and UL last year like __________ (insert crappy adjective). I am hurt because AG didn't make any changes this past off season. I am hurt because of the above. I am hurt as an alumni to watch this coach handle the PSU debacle.

I want Al (at MIAMI) because I support the program. I would be happy to see the following:

1. Win the coastal,
2. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0), and
3. 10 Wins before the Post-Season

I am glad Al is recruiting and getting these studs. He needs to keep doing it as that is his job and what he is paid to do. Now he has to develop them and win MORE games. All is forgiven, even my sore **** and butt hurt, if Al does the above.

I support the success of the program above all.

This makes a lot of sense. Here is how I see not replacing Coach D, which is my unresolved issue. Golden and D came into a mess. The mess got worse and they stuck it out. Golden may be overly loyal to Coach D, however, not letting D show what he can do on a level playing field would be poor as well, especially if the defense being run is Al's defense. So I am over that. If nothing improves, they both need to go.

I support the success of the program above all as well. But I don't think that is the case for everyone who says that (not you). They allow their personal butthurt to get in the way. Otherwise, how can someone say they only want what is best for the program, yet their main focus on this recruiting board is to **** all over the coaching staff EVERY chance they get knowing full well that local coaches, families and recruits read the board.

That makes no sense to me. The common answer is I am Pro-Miami not anti-Golden. Yet Pro-Miami would be wanting the best players on the team, not trying to undermine the recruiting efforts, stir **** up and get the coach fired because they believe the unnamed coach we don't have will do a better job.

what's new? the defense has been bad. i'd take a 40th ranked defense to go with our offense and i think we win almost all of our games.

1. We know the part in bold.

2. Before you wanted 50th (your previous post), now you want 40th. Are you aware these rankings don't mean anything because it is the number next to the ranking that matters. 40th could equate to 25 PPG in 2014, 40th could equate to 30 PPG in 2015.

I want to keep their team from scoring more than 20 points per game. Let's start with that.

3. Our offense regressed from 2012 to 2013.

During ACC play in 2013 our offense scored 215 Points TOTAL or 26.875 PPG. During ACC play in 2012 our offense scored 263 Points TOTAL or 32.875 PPG. If our offense was scoring 33 PPG (like 2012), I would say it was possible for our offense to carry this team. If our offense scores 27 PPG (like 2013), it is not as easy.

it was a general statement. i just want a decent/average defense. by that i mean yards allowed and ppg. i think an average defense with our offense wins most of our games. i didn't put a lot of analysis into it.

Advertisement
Back