Gonzaga -Duke

Advertisement
Yeah I watched, it was a phenomenal game, The Zags played a little too passive & were too focused on trying to be the team that does everything right instead of just allowing their stars to shine.

They also had 17 turnovers which was the difference in the game, but Duke pressed the issue & exposed that despite the Zags having very good interior post players that if you drive to the basket & attack the paint you can essentially neutralize their post advantage.

Duke lived at the Free Throw line this game as well because they attacked more, but both teams were pretty pedestrian from 3, both shooting below 31%.

I think they looked like 2 of the Final Four teams this year, Baylor & Purdue look really good too, Kansas has a nice squad but they’re the Outlaws of CBB & no way possible that the “Powers That Be” let them win a championship this year after essentially trying to railroad them & give them the Death penalty just a few months ago.

Last edited:
Biggest thing I took away from this game is that Paolo Banchero has leaped Chet Holgmren for the #1 spot in next year's NBA Draft. Paolo was clearly the best player on the floor before cramping up in the 2nd half. Holmgren showed some flashes but no doubt in my mind who the top NBA prospect is.

Advertisement
Biggest thing I took away from this game is that Paolo Banchero has leaped Chet Holgmren for the #1 spot in next year's NBA Draft. Paolo was clearly the best player on the floor before cramping up in the 2nd half. Holmgren showed some flashes but no doubt in my mind who the top NBA prospect is.
Agreed, all the preseason hype I heard about Holmgren was that he was a younger version of Dirk Nowitzski.

But I’ve watched him against Central Mich, UCLA & Duke thus far & while he is a very talented big man, he reminds me more of Kristaps Porzingis, for both good & bad reasons. His ceiling is higher, but I’m not seeing the all-world player that he’s been touted as.

Now if I’m a GM in the league with a lottery pick, **** yeah I’d take his upside with no question, but idk if the hype will necessarily meet the actual ability until a few more years of development.

Advertisement
Back