game management improvements (two minute warnings)

ageezy

Cane til I Die
mc's game management has been discussed at nauseum ... apparently he's trying to address it

One of the new rule changes to the 2024 college football season is a two-minute warning is added to the second quarter and fourth quarter. This change to the game requires new game management strategies from every coach in the country and Cristobal says Miami has had multiple meetings with NFL staffs to learn about how to best use the two minute warning. Cristobal also says he has given a UM staff member (Cristobal declined to name that staff member publicly) an enhanced role with collaborating game management situations during the course of a game. "We always have had a collaboration process with me and game management," Cristobal said. "This offseason we have enhanced that role even more and the lines of communication are very clear when those moments present themselves. We practice those situations every day at practice and we take it to the classroom as well. Those rules make things much different at the end of games…It really does change a lot of dynamics within a game. It is a fourth timeout and so it factors into special teams and defense as well. We have had extensive meetings and workshops with several NFL teams."

Advertisement
I guess this is encouraging up until he mentions something about, "we've always had"...at that point, back to scratching my head.

1000002539.webp

mc's game management has been discussed at nauseum ... apparently he's trying to address it

One of the new rule changes to the 2024 college football season is a two-minute warning is added to the second quarter and fourth quarter. This change to the game requires new game management strategies from every coach in the country and Cristobal says Miami has had multiple meetings with NFL staffs to learn about how to best use the two minute warning. Cristobal also says he has given a UM staff member (Cristobal declined to name that staff member publicly) an enhanced role with collaborating game management situations during the course of a game. "We always have had a collaboration process with me and game management," Cristobal said. "This offseason we have enhanced that role even more and the lines of communication are very clear when those moments present themselves. We practice those situations every day at practice and we take it to the classroom as well. Those rules make things much different at the end of games…It really does change a lot of dynamics within a game. It is a fourth timeout and so it factors into special teams and defense as well. We have had extensive meetings and workshops with several NFL teams."
Is that you, Al Golden?

Advertisement
I love how the NCAA got rid of clock stoppages for first downs in the name of shortening the game but they gladly added two minute warnings because it gives them yet another commercial break opportunity.

Bill Belichick as an advisor!!!

I guess this is encouraging up until he mentions something about, "we've always had"...at that point, back to scratching my head.

The video CLEARLY shows an assistant coach trying to get Mario's attention at the end of the GaTech game.

We may have had a system, but Mario wasn't listening during the end of that game. That's just factual.

I may love Mario, but that GaTech mistake was unforgivable. I hope he makes me forget about it with a few upcoming championships.

Advertisement
I love how the NCAA got rid of clock stoppages for first downs in the name of shortening the game but they gladly added two minute warnings because it gives them yet another commercial break opportunity.

The first down clock stoppages will return once someone develops the perfect 5-10 second commercial...

The video CLEARLY shows an assistant coach trying to get Mario's attention at the end of the GaTech game.

We may have had a system, but Mario wasn't listening during the end of that game. That's just factual.

I may love Mario, but that GaTech mistake was unforgivable. I hope he makes me forget about it with a few upcoming championships.
!!!!! a few !!!!! would possiblyyyy have me forget as well. It's the least he can do! haha

game gets less enjoyable every season.

Advertisement
Shortening the game without first down stoppages isn't a bad idea. Better than 2006 when they tried to shorten things. I'm tired of ESPN booking games back to back to back to back and having to hunt for which channel is temporarily showing the canes first quarter.

It's close to being in existence. Lots of golf telecasts do the split screen and play a commercial for a short segment.
Im amazed at fans that dont understand that commercials are what drive the telecasting of the games, which allows for every game of your team to be aired, and allows for so many CFB( and NFL) games to enjoy. Yes, someone has to actualyl PAy for the TV contract monies that the universities reap in my the millions...jeez...

Im amazed at fans that dont understand that commercials are what drive the telecasting of the games, which allows for every game of your team to be aired, and allows for so many CFB( and NFL) games to enjoy. Yes, someone has to actualyl PAy for the TV contract monies that the universities reap in my the millions...jeez...

Oh good lord...

Sure, we "don't understand". That's not the issue. The real issue is that you have to create a balance for the flow of the game. The earlier comments were just laughing about how we "speed up the game" on one side and "slow down the game" on another side.

Advertisement
Who in the nfl tho? Cause not all of them are good in these situations either lol..also shouldn’t u seek from someone experienced at the college level?

Glad he is emphasizing it tho

Advertisement
Back