Game Breakdowns

Advertisement
Good ****.

Hurns really played well against OSU. Looked very polished in his route running and awareness, and his blocking is more than adequate for a WR.

I'm not a fan of Mike James. He is pretty average in all aspects of the game. Serviceable, but shouldn't be getting more 8+ carries a game for a good Miami team. Watching this just made me remember how average he is. Duke is gonna have jaw dropping plays this year.

I'd really like to see a Stephen Morris video...the good and the bad.

this site is putting together a very impress A team

CANEFREAK2001
Stat ( FULL game balla )
D$
Pete Ariz
and now D[]BB

I don't expect James to gain 1k+ yrs this season. But will perform well, now that he is the feature back. He was behind, Baby James, Berry and Miller, not to mention Coop. I think with his experience at Fb he will transition well to the next level. BTW Duke needs more size before he can fully transition to the college game.

Advertisement
Love the breakdowns Dubb.

Hurns was laying down some blocks on the Buckeyes.

BTW Duke needs more size before he can fully transition to the college game.

Not really. He is filled out given his short height. Have seen him grow the last 3 years and he has plenty of size. What he needs to do is watch how some smaller NFL backs stayed healthy and model his game after them. He could lower his shoulder and get away with it in HS but he needs to be a little bit smarter now. It's not being soft, it's being smart IMO. Maybe 1 out of 10 times you try and go through a guy just to keep them guessing.

Good ****.

Hurns really played well against OSU. Looked very polished in his route running and awareness, and his blocking is more than adequate for a WR.

I'm not a fan of Mike James. He is pretty average in all aspects of the game. Serviceable, but shouldn't be getting more 8+ carries a game for a good Miami team. Watching this just made me remember how average he is. Duke is gonna have jaw dropping plays this year.

I'd really like to see a Stephen Morris video...the good and the bad.

Agree with what you said about Mike James. Him being a major contributer to the backfield this year shows you that the RB position isn't that good imo. Two serviceable backs(James and Clements) and Duke who could be a game changer.

Advertisement
i dont get why some of you guys see Clements as merely serviceable. In limited time last year he had the most burst out of all the runningbacks including Miller. He hits the whole kinda like Graig Cooper without the crazy legs. I can see Clements being the gamebreaker of the trio with Duke getting limited carries kinda like Clements last year.

It would be ideal to soften them up with James and then let Clements and Duke loose later on in the game. Im just not sure if James has it in him to be the "bruiser" he is supposed to be.

Advertisement
James showed in that game as long as Chase Ford isn't letting a guy make contact with him 2-3 yards in the backfield he can keep the chains moving. People must really forget Jarret Payton's SR year. He finished with just under 1000 yards and wasn't better than Mike James. The OL gave him holes to hit, he hit them hard and stayed hitting them hard throughout the game so late in the games what would have been a 3 yard carry was an 8 yard carry cause he was still hitting them full speed and they were getting wore down. If James has success this year its going to mean that the OL is carrying its weight and is truly anchoring the offense as a whole.

I can't figure what in the $#!+ some are seeing here.

I've never seen such half-assed blocking by ANYONE in all my life! How can James be expected to make any yards when each time he gets the ball and looks upfield, it looks like an opposing team picture? Does anyone else think it just may be a bit difficult to run with two or more guys dragging on you a couple yards in the backfield?

We were weak. Cream-puff weak.

Advertisement
I can't figure what in the $#!+ some are seeing here.

I've never seen such half-assed blocking by ANYONE in all my life! How can James be expected to make any yards when each time he gets the ball and looks upfield, it looks like an opposing team picture? Does anyone else think it just may be a bit difficult to run with two or more guys dragging on you a couple yards in the backfield?

We were weak. Cream-puff weak.

yeah i don't get it either. the guy averaged almost 6 yards a carry the year before with better blocking. bad blocking and turf toe will have anyone's numbers go down. especially since he got so many carries in short yardage situations where the other team was expecting the run. harder to get the yards when the other teams playing to stop the run. and remember he had Chase Ford blocking for him. that right there is bad enough.

Advertisement
Back