Gak taking a shirt this year

Advertisement
Not sure I expected him to play much this year.

[In terms of big men]

Murphy played 29.4 MPG last year and he is gone.

Izundu need to take a major step forward this season. He must to stay out of foul trouble and his minutes need to double. As a freshman he played 5.6 MPG, then as a sophomore he played 13.0 MPG. If he can play around 25-28 MPG, that would be excellent.

Miller looked like an out of shape and uncoordinated freshman last year. Hopefully he can (quality) play around 10 MPG.

Obviously, you could flex Huell (for a short period of time) to center.

As for PF, hopefully Huell is ready to play 30 MPG. AMP is flexible between SF and PF. As for Waardenburg, he will likely come off the bench as a scorer/shooter. I don't know how much he can bang down low.

----------------

IMO the biggest question is how many quality minutes can Izundu play?

Last edited:
I think Waardenburg is going to be big for us this year. Really high basketball IQ and athletic abilitiy is going to lead to good things.

Curious to see if Miller has made any progress.

A lot of people are high on the Kiwi. I think he can be very good. But, good G-d, Gak is tiny for being that tall.

Our frontcourt is very thin on depth and experience. This is going to be a heavy guard oriented team without a doubt.

Advertisement
I think Waardenburg is going to be big for us this year. Really high basketball IQ and athletic abilitiy is going to lead to good things.

Curious to see if Miller has made any progress.

I can't imagine him having a presence down low, this year.

There was a time we could have used even a rail thin Gak. Glad we can afford to redshirt good players now. I too want to see what Miller looks like in year 2. He's simply got to be ready to give us something this year even if just 9-10 minutes a game.

There was a time we could have used even a rail thin Gak. Glad we can afford to redshirt good players now. I too want to see what Miller looks like in year 2. He's simply got to be ready to give us something this year even if just 9-10 minutes a game.

I think L is counting on Miller for more than 9-10 mins this season.

I think L is counting on Miller for more than 9-10 mins this season.

I think the main criticism for him was his strength. The other skills are supposedly there.

Advertisement
Miller DNP at all against No Fla or Minnesota? Hurt? So far this season, in 4 games, he's played all of 16 minutes, scored 6 points, and hauled down 2 rebounds. Talk about a rough start!!

Advertisement
Back