FSU Buddy NOT Happy

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
My buddy just called me and apparently James Wilder has been arrested again for violating his parole. Dude was a HUGE talent out of high school, but dude can't seem to stay out of trouble. On the football side it sucks for the Seminoles because under the offensive genius of Jimbo.....they haven't had a decent running game and have horrible depth at the position.

Advertisement
My buddy just called me and apparently James Wilder has been arrested again for violating his parole. Dude was a HUGE talent out of high school, but dude can't seem to stay out of trouble. On the football side it sucks for the Seminoles because under the offensive genius of Jimbo.....they haven't had a decent running game and have horrible depth at the position.

lol @ offensive genius

Wouldn't be surprised if Devonta Freeman gets close to 1,000 yard this year.

Advertisement
LuCane -

You could be right about Freeman. Besides the incoming freshman Pender, Freeman may not be sharing carries with anyone....and that alone will help him get close to the 1000 yard mark. Word out of the spring is that FSU's oline is much better....but they said that going into last season.

Wilder always looked like a LB. FSU probably promised him a shot at RB just to sign him but I would think they're gonna switch him to LB sooner rather than later. Doesn't sting that much anymore missing out on Wilder and Jeff Luc huh?

Advertisement
fly1, I was sitting here reading and drinking coffee.

I'd taken a big slurp when I read the "offensive genius of Jimbo", and in addition to spraying my desk, my keyboard, AND screen, I'm still coughing up the stuff that went down the wrong pipe.

Dude. You gotta give some "IF DRINKING COFFEE - CAUTION BEFORE READING" warnings if you're going to be using the terms "offensive genius" and "Jimbo" EVEN in the same paragraph!

Man, you ain't right.

Advertisement
Archer.....my apologies....I will give a sarcasm warning next time!!

On a similar note, I have never quite understood why FSU picked Jimbo. Yes, he was the OC at LSU under Saban. Yes, he can recruit with the best. Besides those two points I didn't understand the love affair with him. He's not a horrible offensive coach...but it's not like his offenses set the world on fire either. Look at JaMarcus Russel.....he's no Ken Dorsey, Carson Palmer, Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley..etc....he just had great measurables, had a big arm and played on a great team. His passing numbers under Jimbo weren't anything monumental...but Jimbo got a lot of cred for JaMarcus. You would think FSU would have a solid running game by now...especially considering Jimbo has been at FSU for some time. FSU has a ton of talent...but if he keeps pulling these 8-4 seasons...his seat is going to start getting really hot.

My personal prediction.....Gene Chizik will not be the head coach at Auburn to start the 2014 season

There was a decent amount of us who did not feel like Jeff Kuc would amount to much. He peaked in high school.

On the other hand, I thought Wilder would find a place somewhere. Good pedigree, great athlete, and came from a good high school program.

As for Jimbo, he's a strong recruiter. He's generally upgraded the talent level there. I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to win it all unless a superstar talent falls into his lap at QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back