Francis Mauigoa Named ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week

View as article

Trinton Breeze

Freshman
Premium
This post was originally posted on MiamiHurricanes.com

After a record-setting 62-0 win over Ball State, sophomore Francis Mauigoa was tabbed ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week, the league announced Monday afternoon.

Behind Mauigoa and the Hurricanes’ offensive line, Miami mounted a school-record 750 yards of total offense. The Hurricanes’ 507 passing yards marked the second-most in a game in program history, trailing only the 513-yard output against UCLA on Dec. 5, 1998...

Continue reading...

Advertisement

After a record-setting 62-0 win over Ball State, sophomore Francis Mauigoa was tabbed ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week, the league announced Monday afternoon.

Behind Mauigoa and the Hurricanes’ offensive line, Miami mounted a school-record 750 yards of total offense. The Hurricanes’ 507 passing yards marked the second-most in a game in program history, trailing only the 513-yard output against UCLA on Dec. 5, 1998.

Apart from time expiring in both halves, Miami scored on 10 of its 11 offensive possessions.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound standout graded out among Miami’s top performers on a unit that didn’t yield a sack in 71 plays.

Mauigoa is the fifth Hurricane to earn weekly conference distinction this year, alongside defensive lineman Tyler Baron, offensive lineman Zach Carpenter, defensive back Jaden Harris and quarterback Cam Ward.
That game was glorious!

Behind Mauigoa and the Hurricanes’ offensive line, Miami mounted a school-record 750 yards of total offense. The Hurricanes’ 507 passing yards marked the second-most in a game in program history, trailing only the 513-yard output against UCLA on Dec. 5, 1998.

Apart from time expiring in both halves, Miami scored on 10 of its 11 offensive possessions.

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound standout graded out among Miami’s top performers on a unit that didn’t yield a sack in 71 plays.

Mauigoa is the fifth Hurricane to earn weekly conference distinction this year, alongside defensive lineman Tyler Baron, offensive lineman Zach Carpenter, defensive back Jaden Harris and quarterback Cam Ward.
Don't recall a 513-yard passing for that UCLA game. I was there and I mostly remember Edge and Najeh running all over them.

it’s been lost in the shuffle how dominant he’s been this year so far

He’s killing people

IMG_6751.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't recall a 513-yard passing for that UCLA game. I was there and I mostly remember Edge and Najeh running all over them.
That was a **** of a game to be at and the coming out party for Miami after probation. It was all up hill from that day until the fiesta bowl after 2002 season. Just for reflection it was a buddies bachelor party that day and let's just say we were watching more than football that day. Pause.

Advertisement
I will argue that Francis would be a 1st round draft pick if he was eligible for the draft this year. He is so good it’s hard to believe he is a true sophomore.
I would further argue he is the best UM Olineman since Mount McKinnie.

I will argue that Francis would be a 1st round draft pick if he was eligible for the draft this year. He is so good it’s hard to believe he is a true sophomore.
I would further argue he is the best UM Olineman since Mount McKinnie.
Remember people wanted to move him inside because of a few freshman mistakes last year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back