Four-star C Ben Ahmed commits to Miami

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Miami has been trying to add size for years. After a successful short-term haul in the Portal, they secured their future with the commitment of C Ben Ahmed (Putnam, CT).

The 6'9, 300-pound four star is the #78 overall player in the nation. Ahmed is an old-school center who can score in the post and is a magnet for rebounds. Ahmed chose the Canes over Xavier and Cincinnati.

Ahmed, who is originally from Nigeria, came to the United States in 2022 through the Team New England Beyond Borders...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Here's an article from the New England Recruiting Report:

In just two short years, Ahmed helped Putnam win a National Prep Championship and finished as runner-up the following year. He played a key role in both contests, anchoring the paint, cleaning the boards, and overpowering opponents with his imposing frame...

In Big Ben, the Hurricanes are getting a very coachable, high character player full of upside. He's a tremendous rebounder that uses his big frame to overpower others on box outs and secure boards. As an interior scoring threat he has very good hands in the post, finishes around the rim at a high percentage and can make plays out of the paint as well.

I found a game last season posted by South Kent, an opponent of Putnam Science.

February 6, 2024: Putnam Science 69, South Kent 55 (player stats, highlight video)

Ben Ahmed is the gray #23 jersey. He had 14 points and 10 rebounds.

I forgot about this. Welcome the U Ben. I would drop 30 lbs on him and go. Gladly take any height. You have to love what coach L is doing between the portal and recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the type of prospect I’d like to see us going after. A 7 footer in the 2025 class with athleticism and skill. Currently holds 0 offers. Playing at the same HS that AJ Stanton and Djobet played at in Orlando.

Last edited:
reggie johnson-esque height and weight
He's niftier than Reggie was and apparently has a little 3pt game he's working on. I can see him taking a rs year when he arrives, getting into better shape and contributing the following season.

Advertisement
Back