Former Player Tidbits

The Dude

Junior
I spoke to a former player that graduated in 2010 and we talked a little about UM football. I kind of blind sided him with my questions as he was there to do other business. Either way, I asked him about the 2008 class and about Golden.

regarding the MNW 2008 class, all he said was that those guys are not guys you would want to be teammates with.

I asked what he thought about Golden and he told me, there is a reason why so many people are leaving.

His Golden comment caught me a bit off-guard, but when reflecting back on our conversation I could see it from two-angles.

1. Golden is a drill sergeant and is not a players coach
2. from his original comment about the 2008 class, I would say the players didn't like that they would have to put in work.

I think it had more to do with the sense of entitlement these kids had moreso than Golden being a ****. Either way, hearing about the 2008 from a former teammate of theirs solidifies all of the rumblings about the cancer that was that group of guys.

I wish I had more, but it seemed like he didn't really want to talk much about UM football.

Advertisement
I appreciate the info, but it isn't anything ground breaking. I think it is pretty obvious that "there is a reason" why so many guys left early. Pretty simple assumption.

Thanks nonetheless.

Ya know, any time you get a new boss, some things will change. I'm sure some players have a hard time adapting to those changes. But, a guy who is resistant to change does not need to be in the dog house - he needs to be gone. The closer we get to having a roster full of players who have bought into the program, the sooner we start winning consistently.

Ya know, any time you get a new boss, some things will change. I'm sure some players have a hard time adapting to those changes. But, a guy who is resistant to change does not need to be in the dog house - he needs to be gone. The closer we get to having a roster full of players who have bought into the program, the sooner we start winning consistently.

You figure every time a new boss steps in, who are the ones that panic? The slackasses who have been skating by are the ones that freak out when their comfort zones are threatened.

Get em all out, every last one of em.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back