NHL Florida Panthers offseason thread!!

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Off to a great start imo.

Jesper Boqvist is just scratching what he could be and he’s on a 1 yr. Plus it could help with his brother Adam.

I like Asplund and Novak more than Greer. Novak is def replacing Stennie.

Rumors are teams are calling for Spencer knight. Let’s see what happens there. Releasing that Money will allow to secure our 2nd line D and Tarasenko…still hoping we find a way to keep Vladimir. He apparently bought a house here.

Advertisement
Off to a great start imo.

Jesper Boqvist is just scratching what he could be and he’s on a 1 yr. Plus it could help with his brother Adam.

I like Asplund and Novak more than Greer. Novak is def replacing Stennie.

Rumors are teams are calling for Spencer knight. Let’s see what happens there. Releasing that Money will allow to secure our 2nd line D and Tarasenko…still hoping we find a way to keep Vladimir. He apparently bought a house here.

He bought two homes. We need to either drop Knight or Ekbland. That should give us the cap to sign Lundell long-term and Vlady and finish off the roster.

It sucks we lost Montour.

He bought two homes. We need to either drop Knight or Ekbland. That should give us the cap to sign Lundell long-term and Vlady and finish off the roster.

It sucks we lost Montour.
It should be Knight. We have about 7.3 mil in cap according to cap friendly. Trade knight’s 4.5 and you get 11.8 before adding the signing of Chris Driedger which means it’s really 11.1.

You give Vladi a similar deal to Anthony Duclair - 3 yr 10.5 mil

Sign Adam Boqvist 1yr 2 mil

Sign Olivier Kylington 1yr 2 mil

Then roster fill the extra 1/2 guys. This leaves you with good room going into next year and leaves money to resign Carter and Aaron + plus others 1yr guys.

Just signed Nate Schmidt for 800k…wow.

For those who are casual fans, Nate Schmidt could be first line defense on some teams.

Just signed Nate Schmidt for 800k…wow.

For those who are casual fans, Nate Schmidt could be first line defense on some teams.
Thanks. Good info

Part of me says let Ekblad out but then I go against myself as I always complain about loyalty.

I read where they said we were doing good business. Hopefully we keep the core together

Loved Montour that sucks will always pull for him.

Advertisement
Really happy for the boys that are making a lot more than they would have been. Lombo getting probably more than twice his otherwise rate from Calgary. Montour getting paid like a $7M defensemen (he is not at this point). Stolarz System just another Panther backup goalie that litters the league (there are a lot of them) as we get another back. OEL with a much deserved long term deal. Stenny played out of his mind in Game 7. He'll be missed.

The pickups we made are going to fill in on that 4th line.

The team needs to get bigger and faster on defense. Not sure that is happening anytime soon...still lots of moving pieces.

I like Spencer Knight a ton and think he'll be a good goalie, but he makes a lot and our window is RIGHT NOW. I really don't care about goaltending in 5 years from now. Lets win as many titles as we can. Its just business.

Really happy for the boys that are making a lot more than they would have been. Lombo getting probably more than twice his otherwise rate from Calgary. Montour getting paid like a $7M defensemen (he is not at this point). Stolarz System just another Panther backup goalie that litters the league (there are a lot of them) as we get another back. OEL with a much deserved long term deal. Stenny played out of his mind in Game 7. He'll be missed.

The pickups we made are going to fill in on that 4th line.

The team needs to get bigger and faster on defense. Not sure that is happening anytime soon...still lots of moving pieces.

I like Spencer Knight a ton and think he'll be a good goalie, but he makes a lot and our window is RIGHT NOW. I really don't care about goaltending in 5 years from now. Let’s win as many titles as we can. It’s just business.
I’m with you. Especially being that Mackie looks ready to join the forward lines. We need to move Spencer to keep the core and also add to the D. We got a 2nd rounder in 25 and all our early picks in 26. Put a focus on finding a top tier Goalie prospect then.

And we signed Adam Boqvist this morning.

Can Bill Zito be the GM for all teams?

Advertisement
I think Montour and Eckblad played poorly during the season and the playoffs. Wasn't sad he left but I would make a concerted effort to trade Eckblad. He is the turnover king and slow, slow, slow. Yes ,there is loyalty but he is a mere shadow of himself and must be traded. He is an extreme liabiity and is beaten many times!

Advertisement
Back