fisch talks TEs and other offensive tidbits

Advertisement
I actually feel pretty good about the offense next season. A year under their belt learning should really help.

I hope he's not just paying lip service to using the TE's more. If they insist on running this pro-style offense, you have to have an effective TE, which is a STAPLE of this program. Everybody asks the questions why we havent been getting top TE's lately? Its simple: WE HAVEN'T USED THEM!!!!!! Kids see this. Even in Jimmy Graham's 1 season, he was only utilized in the red zone for the most part. I'm on record here and on grassy and other sites, that in Cleveland and Walford, we have 2 plus athletes oozing with potential.......USE 'EM!!!!

"Obviously what New England did with its tight ends is something that stands out. You've got to study that. You've got to see how they utilize them -- and that's something we've done this offseason."

While redshirt freshman Dallas Crawford will receive carries at running back to this spring, it's more likely the former defensive back will end up playing slot receiver. "We moved Dallas into the slot and he's making so many plays for us," Fisch said. "He's exciting to watch."

fap?

"Obviously what New England did with its tight ends is something that stands out. You've got to study that. You've got to see how they utilize them -- and that's something we've done this offseason."

While redshirt freshman Dallas Crawford will receive carries at running back to this spring, it's more likely the former defensive back will end up playing slot receiver. "We moved Dallas into the slot and he's making so many plays for us," Fisch said. "He's exciting to watch."

fap?

I'd use him as a Percy Harvin type catching short routes on the run and making things happen afterwards.

Advertisement

fap?

Sure. FAP if Tom Brady is lining up for us next year.

You can make a quarterback look a lot more like Tom Brady if you have a reliable TE. What did the Panthers do right away when they knew they were getting Cam Newton? Sign Shockey and trade for Olsen...they essentially built their young quarterback a great safety net.

How many times has our defense turned some sh*t-tastic quarterback in to a Heisman candidate over the past, I don't know, 5 seasons? A TON. And the common link is that we always get torched by tight ends.

Please lord let Morris be healthy for a full season. No more running option. Straight pocket, and lets develop the O.

There were reports in January Fisch was linked to an opening with the Bears.Asked how close he came to leaving to any NFL team this past season, Fisch responded: "I'm really happy here. I made a commitment to Al. And Al made a commitment to me. It's a very good one.

"I want to watch this thing go. I want to see how good we can become. I don't want to watch it as a fan. I want to watch it as a coach. I love the kids here and I love what they're doing. Sometimes you get lucky and get opportunities. But the best opportunity for me is right here at Miami."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...tight-ends-way-patriots-do.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
You can make a quarterback look a lot more like Tom Brady if you have a reliable TE. What did the Panthers do right away when they knew they were getting Cam Newton? Sign Shockey and trade for Olsen...they essentially built their young quarterback a great safety net.

How many times has our defense turned some sh*t-tastic quarterback in to a Heisman candidate over the past, I don't know, 5 seasons? A TON. And the common link is that we always get torched by tight ends.

Thanks for the lesson. But the success Gronk and Hernandez have is because of Tom Brady. He runs that system, and is one of the most accurate passers ever.

The TE's that beat us don't play in a special system, and Shockey/Olsen production comes no where near Gronk/Hernandez.

Fisch can use those buzz words to get the fan base excited but I don't think it's FAP worthy.

Getting TE's involved isn't a revelation. We're TE U ffs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back