Final basketball ranking

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I don't remember this being discussed, but we finished #8 in the coaches poll. The AP poll doesn't release a poll after the NCAAT. In 2013 we finished #10 .

Advertisement
I don't remember this being discussed, but we finished #8 in the coaches poll. The AP poll doesn't release a poll after the NCAAT. In 2013 we finished #10 .

Pretty stout IMHO...I think we were top 15, but I'm not sure I would wade into the top 10 with that squad. Some big wins and some head shaking defeats.

2013...definitely the best team in the Country in my estimation...just picked a bad time to stop clicking.

Pretty stout IMHO...I think we were top 15, but I'm not sure I would wade into the top 10 with that squad. Some big wins and some head shaking defeats.

2013...definitely the best team in the Country in my estimation...just picked a bad time to stop clicking.

Our final AP ranking in 13 was #5 which was where we should have been.

I think #8 is fair, especially considering who we lost to in the Sweet 16.

What it really says is what most of us opined. In any other region, we waltzed into the Elite 8, maybe an outside shot at the Final Four. Two teams clearly better in UNC and Villanova, Virginia and Kansas right behind, everyone else was very good, including us and kind of a crap shoot on who got hot and had all their weapons available.

Advertisement

That was before the tournament, which is when the AP releases their last poll

That was before the tournament, which is when the AP releases their last poll

Right. I'm just saying 5 is way more accurate than 10.

Advertisement
Back