favorite players

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
this doesn't have much to do with football but I was just wondering who some of your favorite players are not counting the incoming freshman. i personally like Chick phillip and perryman. I feal like their the future. also i like Mike James from a personal standpoint. he seems like the kind of kid you want your kid to be and is hilarious in the youtube videos with AJ highsmirth. if u haven't seen them their hilarious so check them out. also for the incoming class i love duke obviously, Tracy howard, Deon Bush and rayshawn jenkins. I feal like rayshawn can be a playmaker for us.

Advertisement
All of the rising Sophomores you named are among mine, and the new Freshmen listed there are solid as well.

:fistbump:

If character could rush the ball, Mike James would have a Heisman by now.

Steven Morris is another kid easy to root for. I liked Felicianos recruiting story too.

If character could rush the ball, Mike James would have a Heisman by now.

Steven Morris is another kid easy to root for. I liked Felicianos recruiting story too.
Definitely agree on Mike James. The kid is just the kind of guy you want to see succeed. I think he could have a very solid year for us in 2012. Morris needs to step it up and I think he can and will. I love Perryman. That kid seems like a Cane throwback to me. Chick is a no brainer and Dorsett should have a breakout type year. Watch out for Raphael Kirby and I can't wait to see Witt, Bush, Howard, and Duke in the fall. I think we could get some good production from Dallas Crawford in the slot and Assante Cleveland could be a huge surprise to some people. I think that kid is ready to do his thing.

I like the old school players that are rid themselves of the bad training they were getting with the old staff. Another season with Al and staff is going to be great! I think we are going to be surprised by some of them.

Advertisement
I don't have a favorite at this point, kinda feel like no one does anything to distinguish themselves or make themselves stand out. As much as we like to say we like guys that are leaders etc, it is the big game, bright lights performers that become fan favorites.

From upperclassmen I’m really pulling for are James, VT and Seantrel, also if healthy Hurns should have a big year. From the younger guys aside from the ones already mentioned (chick, denzel and dorsett) i like Finnie and Walford.

Chick and Denzel are the two guys I find myself rooting for the most. I'm a fan of Dorsett and Hurns as well.

Advertisement
Mike James. I think he'll have the type of season that will have fans liking him for more than just his personality.

Chick and Hurns because they seem to be two of the hardest workers on the team.

Mike James is a class act, bone deep. Character counts in all things, including football, and he's got a barge load.

Chick and Perryman are like gas on a fire. They make **** happen, and fire up others around them. Dorsett has more determination and personality than the law allows. He's a smoothie.

Morris is quiet and somewhat reflective and talented. Not like gasoline, but burns more like coal - steady and hot. Seantrel has been like intermittent windshield wipers, and he needs to turn the switch on.

Like making a hobo stew, the newcomers will bring their own personalities, talents, skills, and determinations and toss that in the pot, hopefully helping feed the fire at every position.

Boys, I'm telling you, I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Before last year, with just a very few exceptions, players were taking turns making plays. I was so damned mad I wanted to shoot the TV every single game - for years.

But last year. Last year I saw some fire, determination. Mistakes to be sure, but the team didn't quit as years previous (unless you want to watch our last game).

We're getting there. Like a locomotive, I feel once we get up to speed, we're going to be hard to stop - year after year.

Because Golden is growing and recruiting some character with a team mind-set.

As football players:

1. Denzel

2. Porter

3. Chick

4. Seantrel

5. Telemaque

6. Rayray

7. Hurns

8. Walford

9. Botts

10. Buchanan

I want to see Gionni Paul, Dallas Crawford and Jacoby Briscoe step up big this year also like everyone else said (chick, perryman, and dorsett are my favorites) and we have to get some good play out of Tracy Howard, Duke and Angelo Jean Louis/ Malcolm Lewis.

Advertisement
Dorsett is bahamian like me and i know his family personally. Remember the kid taking my orders @ his familys restaurant and he was always a nice kid. Hard worker type that does HIS job.

Eduardo Clements is an Overtown kid (roughest neighborhood in Miami) went to school with his sister..liked him as a recruit..hes a hard worker and does anything for the team (switch to db, plays hard as **** on specials)Golden's all in on him.

Telamaque...true cane all the way from cali. Remember someone posted his either facebook or myspace on grassy during his recruiting...he literally told me about his recruiting the whole time because he saw i was a cane fan this was before he even visited or committed(i wasnt surprised by his commitment) he says and does the right things ope he is a team leader this yr.

Ray Ray for the simple fact kid gets hated by our own fans.....he seems to be a hardworker..and is from Orlando area which is gator country.
Incoming

Raphael Kirby....kid is from sec country and committed to us with out wavering and is an early entry..his school sends guys to uga and all over sec...he looks to be a difference maker.

Duke Johnson...SWAG..

the Miramar Boys...watch those kids play from they were 9th graders...big time players.

Advertisement
Love Chick's attitude and desire. I really feel like he's a kid that can help lead this defense for another 3 years. D. Perryman is a favorite as well, loved the way he hit as a true freshman.

Clements.Dude was highly recruited and signed here for the love of the city and the school, knew the coaching was questionable but is giving it all, and is a team player. I really hope he holds down the RB spot for the xt 2 years.

Clements.Dude was highly recruited and signed here for the love of the city and the school, knew the coaching was questionable but is giving it all, and is a team player. I really hope he holds down the RB spot for the xt 2 years.

+1.... he's the last one left of that BTW crew...

Advertisement
Back