FAMU 11/16

casualcane

Senior
Premium
Next up out of the MEAC is Florida A@M.

Credit the MEAC for playing these tough road games against power conference opponents (and losing those games by 30 plus). Maybe FAMU will bust out their marching band at the half.

FAMU comes in the nether regions of the RPI range (270) and is newly coached by former USF coach and Oregon assistant Robert McCullum.

They do have a couple of bigs on their roster, 7 foot C Isiah Martin pulled in a double double vs UNLV, and are led by a couple of SRs, F Desmond Williams and guard Marcus Barham.

Pirate_Cannon_Fodder!.webp

We roll.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It we can shoot above 35% from the 3PTL, we win by 30+.

In fact (up to 40%), we will win by the amount we shoot from the 3PTL.

Advertisement
Our out of conference home schedule is pure trash. I've never seen it this bad under Larranaga. It compares to some of those Haith years where our best home games before December were Stetson and NC Central.

Our out of conference home schedule is pure trash. I've never seen it this bad under Larranaga. It compares to some of those Haith years where our best home games before December were Stetson and NC Central.

Yeah looks like the only other comparable year was 2013-14 when we had Arizona State and VT at home. All the other years we've had at least one home ranked team

It is utter chit. At least we have a ranked Minnesota, on the road, to play.

Even that tourney, we would play NO ONE with a pulse until the final. Obviously, that assumes that both us and USC makes the final. Maybe USC falls apart before then.

Even that tourney, we would play NO ONE with a pulse until the final. Obviously, that assumes that both us and USC makes the final. Maybe USC falls apart before then.
Coach L knows what he is doing. He scheduled soft because he realized we needed some "warm ups" to find out what would be the best combos to put on the floor. Playing so called soft competition will be a good lab to reveal our rotations when we start playing the big boys. We are not ky, duke,kansas,unc etc. who can come right out of the box playing the biggies.

Advertisement

Coach L knows what he is doing. He scheduled soft because he realized we needed some "warm ups" to find out what would be the best combos to put on the floor. Playing so called soft competition will be a good lab to reveal our rotations when we start playing the big boys. We are not ky, duke,kansas,unc etc. who can come right out of the box playing the biggies.

Wow. You can schedule "soft" and still have 1-2 games against teams with a pulse. They don't have to be the first few games either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back