Expansion Rumors Notre Dame to ACC?

JD370Z

Recruit
I've been reading some other boards and I'm seeing a lot of talk about the ACC voting on Notre Dame joining this weekend in Greensboro, NC. What are the likely scenarios considering all the FSU/Clemson to BIG12 talk of late? I tend to think that Notre Dame would prefer the ACC footprint because of its alumni base in the NE, academics, and relative ease in terms of conference schedule, and that might keep Clemson and FSU from leaving if there was even an offer.

Advertisement
Where are you reading this? This comes up almost every year now, and every year the discussion ends with the lucrative TV deal/rights for football that the domers are not willing to give up or modify. Is there some new word you're reading.

I've been reading some other boards and I'm seeing a lot of talk about the ACC voting on Notre Dame joining this weekend in Greensboro, NC. What are the likely scenarios considering all the FSU/Clemson to BIG12 talk of late? I tend to think that Notre Dame would prefer the ACC footprint because of its alumni base in the NE, academics, and relative ease in terms of conference schedule, and that might keep Clemson and FSU from leaving if there was even an offer.

Where are you reading this? This comes up almost every year now, and every year the discussion ends with the lucrative TV deal/rights for football that the domers are not willing to give up or modify. Is there some new word you're reading.

Yeah, their NBC deal is juicy and uncompetitive (like the Longhorn Network with UTexas). It would take a game-changer to bring Notre Dame into a conference. That game-changer might be a shift towards a conference-oriented playoff, so let's keep our eyes peeled this Summer. And yes, if Notre Dame would be to join any conference, the ACC (followed by the B1G) is tops IMO.

Advertisement
UConn is hardly promoting excellence in education. Their men's basketball team is banned from the NCAA tournament in 2013 because their players do not go to class. Rutgers, is fine academically and would fit in with the other ACC schools except F$U.

ND and UConn would make most sense.

I would LOVE to see ND join and have to play Miami annually. I mean LOVE to see that happen.

Advertisement
Back