ESPN top 50 player rankings; Brown @19

Advertisement
The list is trash. It's basically a "ranking of players from big name programs that we are forecasting to play well" rather than an actual attempt at ranking players.

To not have a player like Alize Johnson on the list is silly. Landry Shamet as a top-10 player in all of college basketball is silly. He's from a few hours up the road from me and I've seen a bunch of these kids live. Shamet is a really good player, but he's benefiting from the recent love affair with Wichita State basketball.

Shamet is really good! Wichita St. is going to be really good this year. If the Canes had him instead of Newton, they would be top 5 in the nation.

As for Alize Johnson... it is unfortunate for him that he plays for Paul Lusk.

BTW... I was at that game when WSU put it on Missouri St.

This game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbDfvg9SmUs

Wichita has blown up, and Shamet is a good player, but putting him as one of the 10 best players in the country is crazy. A good number of these players all come through Springfield as part of the Tournament of Champions (number one high school tournament in the country, generally) so I get to see them live. Shamet is a Kansas City kid so I've seen him a bunch as well.

All that said, yes, if Miami had Shamet instead of Newton they would be a national title contender.

Advertisement

This game?

Wichita has blown up, and Shamet is a good player, but putting him as one of the 10 best players in the country is crazy. A good number of these players all come through Springfield as part of the Tournament of Champions (number one high school tournament in the country, generally) so I get to see them live. Shamet is a Kansas City kid so I've seen him a bunch as well.

All that said, yes, if Miami had Shamet instead of Newton they would be a national title contender.

No... Not that game... Last year WSU vs MSU in Springfield. WSU could do whatever they wanted to the Bears last year.

I hate Wichita St because I played baseball for the Bears... I'm just saying they are gonna be good this year! wish the Bears were better!

Not sure if Shamet is top 10, probably not, but it is just somebody's stupid rankings.

This game?

No... Not that game... Last year WSU vs MSU in Springfield. WSU could do whatever they wanted to the Bears last year.

I hate Wichita St because I played baseball for the Bears... I'm just saying they are gonna be good this year! wish the Bears were better!

Not sure if Shamet is top 10, probably not, but it is just somebody's stupid rankings.

Well, now you're in my good graces. I'm a huge Bear backer, especially in baseball. Spent seven years of my life there between undergrad and grad school.

You should PM me your name.

Advertisement
Back