End of an era - the end of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge after 23 years

EightiesCane

Freshman
It's a shame we never got a play against many of the premier B10 schools. We always seem to get matched up with Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Illinois.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's a shame we never got a play against many of the premier B10 schools. We always seem to get matched up with Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Illinois.

Yeah I’d much rather play against a Big 10 (or 13, 14, 15) than the SEC. SEC just doesn’t have the basketball tradition or depth of teams.

Advertisement

Unexpectedly boat raced Michigan State one time, and they sent us back to the kiddie table from then on smh

Advertisement
Unexpectedly boat raced Michigan State one time, and they sent us back to the kiddie table from then on smh

1669837764482.png

I’m not opposed to this, it was starting to feel a little stale. It would be fun to get matched up with Tennessee, Kentucky, UF, and some others.
Except judging by the opponents consistently given to UM in the Big10 challenge they’re likely to draw Vanderbilt, Georgia and Missouri and not the Basketball rich schools.

I mean it’s not like most of our B10 matchups were that ****. We were screwed nearly every year, including this one.
That’s his point. Only once that I remember was Miami allowed a premier team, Michigan St. Usually given Rutgers.
Don’t recall ever getting Michigan Ohio St or Indiana

That’s his point. Only once that I remember was Miami allowed a premier team, Michigan St. Usually given Rutgers.
Don’t recall ever getting Michigan Ohio St or Indiana
We played Michigan the 1st year we competed in the challenge and Ohio St once, and we lost both games, and infamously Jack McClinton got thrown out of the Ohio St game. We were never matched up with Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, or Wisconsin.

Advertisement
The match ups started by doing conference rankings from the year prior if I am not mistaken. Then I think they shifted it to preseason conference rankings. I don't know if they continued to follow that or not. Became stale to me not playing the big boys.

We played Michigan the 1st year we competed in the challenge and Ohio St once, and we lost both games, and infamously Jack McClinton got thrown out of the Ohio St game. We were never matched up with Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, or Wisconsin.
Thanks for that, be nice to have a link if available of historical challenge opponent and result. Probably over 5 yrs ago but when I still living in
Miami got to catch the Illinois game

Thanks for that, be nice to have a link if available of historical challenge opponent and result. Probably over 5 yrs ago but when I still living in
Miami got to catch the Illinois game
If you have a Kenpom sub you can go through each season. It's pretty easy to spot the challenge game each year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back