Emmanuel Pregnon Wyoming OL Hits the Portal AND commits to USC

Advertisement
Not happy with our portal game by any means but I also don't think the USC comparison is fair. Sure, we are both private schools on opposite coasts with great weather and a past history of greatness. And thats where it ends.

Los Angeles alone had a GDP of 950 billion. Miami is around 150. USC enrollment is 45k, Miami @ 17. USC is widely considered the flagship for all of So Cal, definitely in football. UM is probably surrounded by more gator and seminole alum in its own city their own. The overall wealth and shear dollar value of alumni is off the charts different. Its really not that comparable in many of the important ways.

Riley's talent acquisition track record at both QB and WR via HS recruiting and the portal speaks for itself and is the biggest reason why he inherited a 4-win team and immediately turned them into a 10-win squad that was likely a Caleb Williams injury away from a different ending to their season. His 7th-ranked first full-year class was headlined by a 5* QB in Malachi Nelson and a 5* WR in Zachariah Branch.

Now they're spending big in the portal to fortify the trenches with top-level talent, especially with Lucas and Alexander. They're set, on paper, to be the dominant program out west this season and possibly beyond with the way they're spending money now.

Elite offense with elite QB/WR and elite offensive coaching = immediate results and a sustainable high-floor model. Their long-term ceiling will be contingent on fortifying their trenches and secondary. Certainly off to a great start at DT.

Not happy with our portal game by any means but I also don't think the USC comparison is fair. Sure, we are both private schools on opposite coasts with great weather and a past history of greatness. And thats where it ends.

Los Angeles alone had a GDP of 950 billion. Miami is around 150. USC enrollment is 45k, Miami @ 17. USC is widely considered the flagship for all of So Cal, definitely in football. UM is probably surrounded by more gator and seminole alum in its own city their own. The overall wealth and shear dollar value of alumni is off the charts different. It’s really not that comparable in many of the important ways.
Taxes are significantly higher in LA than Miami and so is the cost of living. I know some fellow LA cis porsters disagree with me but Miami is just a better city at the moment and it’s not close imo

Advertisement
Taxes are significantly higher in LA than Miami and so is the cost of living. I know some fellow LA cis porsters disagree with me but Miami is just a better city at the moment and it’s not close imo
As someone who hasn’t lived in either place but has visited both multiple times, LA just doesn’t do it for me. Everything and everyone feel fake there. Also, their state laws are WILDLY bad. Have some great food spots out there but I’d take Miami in a heartbeat.

Was not a comment on which city is better for personal or politcal reasons. I was only speaking on USC vs Miami and how they don't actually relate as well as people think in regards to transfer portal and NIL.

Was not a comment on which city is better for personal or politcal reasons. I was only speaking on USC vs Miami and how they don't actually relate as well as people think in regards to transfer portal and NIL.

All of what you've said.

Personal preferences don't matter, they've got far more NIL potential, like I said, and it's not even close.

Advertisement
That's pretty much the case for most of the top portal guys.

That city is overripe with NIL potential and they've got a coach who will keep them in every game offensively. I said from day one when he was hired, look out, USC is about to become a monster.
Not to be rude, but everyone said that

Mine was about nil and the financial benefits to having residence in Florida over ca. I didn’t say anything political.

Advertisement
Back