Elijah Griffin 5* DT from Savannah, GA V2.0

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
When I created the last Elijah Griffin thread (before it got derailed), Elijah was a long shot for the Canes. Now we're in the Final 3. Hopefully this upward trend continues and we able to fight the odds and break another of the CIS Laws of Recruiting. Flo says he's one of only two program changing, impact recruits in the 25 cycle (the other being DJ Pickett)

Advertisement
Blu and Jazz definitely reported that Griffin was on campus last weekend. Direct link to the comment below. They said it so openly I wonder if it's possible they meant Charles?

Advertisement
This is the law in the CIS Laws of Recruiting that he would break

34. You can't pull a 4*/5* DT from the Deep South that upper tier $EC schools want.​
How does Allen Bailey fit into this Law?

While technically a D-end, he was certainly big enough to, and at times played some D-tackle for us, and he is from Sapelo island, which is geographically close to Savannah (though it may as well be another country). I can’t recall who else was recruiting him but he was definitely sought after.

Advertisement

While technically a D-end, he was certainly big enough to, and at times played some D-tackle for us, and he is from Sapelo island, which is geographically close to Savannah (though it may as well be another country). I can’t recall who else was recruiting him but he was definitely sought after.

He picked us over Bama and UF. One of my favorite Canes of all time.

He picked us over Bama and UF. One of my favorite Canes of all time.
The people at MCA where he went to high school still rave about his character and stories of his strength as a 17/18 yr old.

Never bullied a single soul and often times dealt with any issues without even needing to raise his voice.

Im sure most 14-18yr olds would want no part of a kid that is built like him.

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement

I thought Bailey played LB in high school.

Advertisement

While technically a D-end, he was certainly big enough to, and at times played some D-tackle for us

Today's $EC is a vastly different beast than the $EC of the early 2000s (especially when it comes to DT recruiting) and we weren't that far removed from the glory days. The law references the $EC dominance of DT recruiting in the modern era.

Advertisement
Back