East-West Shrine Game on NFL Network

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Chase Ford and LaRon Byrd making big plays in the first half. 60+yard catch for Ford and TD catch on a quick slant for Byrd.

Advertisement
Chase Ford and LaRon Byrd making big plays in the first half. 60+yard catch for Ford and TD catch on a quick slant for Byrd.

A lot of people think I'm crazy, but I thought Ford played decently towards the end of the year and he's got NFL size and speed. I think he gets drafted, maybe 5th round.

A lot of people think I'm crazy, but I thought Ford played decently towards the end of the year and he's got NFL size and speed. I think he gets drafted, maybe 5th round.

Both are talented players... I can definitely see both prospects on NFL rosters... Chase problem was his inability to step up when the lights were on... It was like he was scared to play in front of a crowd... He improved this year in that aspect but we didnt throw as much compared to past years... And Byrd is a good ball player... No one knows what happened with him... Both are talented...

Both are draft able, more likely FAs
In the situation, both could stick on rosters

Question for Byrd, what kind of 40 will he run
We know when on his game, he can catch, but does he have enuf athleticism to make a fourth or fifth WR and special teams?
Some days in say yes, most days no

Advertisement
From ESPN

Shrine Game Stock Up
Miami WR Laron Byrd
Byrd got off to an interesting start when he misread a coach's instruction during a drill and flat-out ran over the coach, but he took the ensuing coaching well and went on to have a good day. He used his size (6-35, 224) to his advantage on Day 3 -- at one point going over Presbyterian CB Justin Bethel to high-point a ball and make a nice catch in the end zone -- and Byrd did not allow cornerbacks to push him around in press coverage during red-zone drills. And while he's not a burner with elite top-end speed, Byrd did flash the ability to get downfield and threaten coverage vertically.
-- Steve Muench

won't even waste space for tyler horns evaluation
Not pretty would be kind

From CBS

Miami's Micanor Regis is another interior defensive lineman showing steady improvement. Although he doesn't have the natural strength to overpower blockers, he showed consistent burst, leverage and quick hands to rip past offensive linemen. His scrappy attitude came through when he laid out a receiver in drills after an interception by the defense -- a hit that created a buzz from the crowd.

•*WR LaRon Byrd, Miami (Fla.): Byrd came back from a rough Tuesday practice to become the second impressive Hurricane on the field. At nearly 6-4 and 224 pounds, he took advantage of his size Wednesday, elevating and high-pointing several passes over the defensive back in coverage. After a forgettable senior season, Byrd is helping his draft stock. (Miami tight end Chase Ford continued to be impressive in practice.)

Advertisement
Byrd will always have my respect for not bytching and moaning about the lack of pt as a senior, playing hard on special teams and taking that brutal hit from Bradham. Tough kid and I hope he makes it in the league.

Byrd will always have my respect for not bytching and moaning about the lack of pt as a senior, playing hard on special teams and taking that brutal hit from Bradham. Tough kid and I hope he makes it in the league.

Well said.

Advertisement

This. Hope he gets a chance. Seems like a total team player and a good dude.

Advertisement
Back