Does KW know C. Porter had an apedectomy?

80s

Sophomore
Is that a serious thing & whats the recovery & any long term effects or risks for a DT?

Advertisement
You mean an appendectomy?

Wiki:
Recovery time from the operation varies from person to person. Some will take up to three weeks before being completely active; for others it can be a matter of days. In the case of a laparoscopic operation, the patient will have three stapled scars of about an inch in length, between the navel and pubic hair line. When a laparotomy has been performed the patient will have a 2–3 inch scar, which will initially be heavily bruised.

If they performed laparoscopically (with a camera) he should be back pretty quickly (1-2 weeks) or sooner

Should be a quick return unless there were complications or the appendix burst and caused infection.

Depends on several factors. Did it rupture? Which procedure? My appendix ruptured and I underwent laparoscopic surgery; however, I remained in the hospital for 9 days with several complications resulting from surgery. It was 30 days before I felt like I could exercise again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope he doesn't jump off of a 50+ foot cliff into the water. I had my appendix taken out on my 18th birthday. 7 days later, I went up to visit my friends who had just moved to Gainesville to start the summer session. There used to be this incredible cliff over a lake everyone would jump into.

Yeah, terrible decision. Felt like a took a sword in the stomach.

So which hurt worse, the decision to jump, or the time spent in Gayturd-ville?

I hope he doesn't jump off of a 50+ foot cliff into the water. I had my appendix taken out on my 18th birthday. 7 days later, I went up to visit my friends who had just moved to Gainesville to start the summer session. There used to be this incredible cliff over a lake everyone would jump into.

The decision to transfer to Gainesville after my sophomore year. That was the real cliff.

Advertisement
Thought so. LOL.....

The decision to transfer to Gainesville after my sophomore year. That was the real cliff.

Advertisement
Back