Do you think a tourney run...

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
turns us into a recruiting power?

Obviously we pulled in probably the greatest class in Miami history this year but do you think a deep tourney run makes us bring more high profile players and puts us on their radar

Last edited:
Advertisement
As a college basketball fan I actually like the way we have been doing things since we got Larranaga. I dislike the whole 1 and done philosophy. Love that we have built awesome teams twice within four years. I also think it is a better way to sustain legitimate success unless your a Duke or Kentucky that gets a top 5 class every yr of 1 and dones. Next yr we bring back plenty of experience and talent, plus Muhammad's eligibility and the freshman.

As a college basketball fan I actually like the way we have been doing things since we got Larranaga. I dislike the whole 1 and done philosophy. Love that we have built awesome teams twice within four years. I also think it is a better way to sustain legitimate success unless your a Duke or Kentucky that gets a top 5 class every yr of 1 and dones. Next yr we bring back plenty of experience and talent, plus Muhammad's eligibility and the freshman.
And the Aussie!

Advertisement
The key is to find the cure for old age. As long as we can keep Coach L healthy and motivated then we will have long term success. Scary thing is a championship might complete his career and this team has a chance.

This season is very special - Coach L, Angel, Sheldon, Jekiri, and all the other kids. I want to savor it not as a prelude to something else, but as a wonderful year in and of itself. I think that Coach L is a bigger key to recruiting than are the wins themselves. Kids want to win, but there are lots of winning programs. What is special about ours is our coach.

Advertisement
A deep run helps, but so does stability. That's why this incoming class is crucial. Miami did not have that after the 12-13 season (not that it was to be expected, since they were much better than we thought). The transfers made up for it big time.

The key is to find the cure for old age. As long as we can keep Coach L healthy and motivated then we will have long term success. Scary thing is a championship might complete his career and this team has a chance.

They have a legitimate shot, but they must to play up to capabilities and Angel has to be at his best, Jekeri has to stay out of foul trouble. This is a well oiled machine, they just have to perform.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back