Disappointing

datcaneguy

Senior
After all the hype surronding the Northwestern 8 of 2007, Levonte David who played on that team also, ends up being the first player drafted of the bunch...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Entitlement. Classic case. And the fact that the core of the MNW stars got 3+ wasted years of no development from Shannon, that didn't help them.

Gotta be some boys puking their guts out today.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Isn't like the older pro-experienced 'Canes were lying to them!

Advertisement
Let me ask this, do you Canes think that if Golden had been the coach rather than Shannon that those guys from MNW would have turned out the way they did? They came from one of the winningest high school football programs in the country at that time and were recruited by just about everyone. I'll go ahead and say that I think they would have left UM as winners and high draft picks. They entered into a terrible athletic environment and took on the personality of a coach who was in way over his head. If anyone should be ashamed or vilified it should be our administration for hiring back to back coaches who were not prepared for the job they hired them for.

Advertisement
Let me ask this, do you Canes think that if Golden had been the coach rather than Shannon that those guys from MNW would have turned out the way they did? They came from one of the winningest high school football programs in the country at that time and were recruited by just about everyone. I'll go ahead and say that I think they would have left UM as winners and high draft picks. They entered into a terrible athletic environment and took on the personality of a coach who was in way over his head. If anyone should be ashamed or vilified it should be our administration for hiring back to back coaches who were not prepared for the job they hired them for.

They would have been better.

It is hard to say how good they could have been because at the end of the day, self motivation has a lot to do with it. *Look at Hankerson, look at Spence, they succeeded despite poor coaching.

They would have been better.

It is hard to say how good they could have been because at the end of the day, self motivation has a lot to do with it. *Look at Hankerson, look at Spence, they succeeded despite poor coaching.
+1 CANT BLAME COACHING ALL THE TIME...

Bennu, they all would not have come here. I think we still would have gotten about half of those guys. Not that I think Shannon was a superior recruiter. I just things would have been different. Motivation added there would be no doubt they would have been better. JMO though.

Can't recall, but isn't the only reason we landed the full crew was because we finally offered Jacory? I wish them all well but this is likely serving as a severe gut check time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back