Dexter Williams: Confident, Courageous, and a 'Cane

U

User-4525

As Dexter Williams gets prepared to start his senior year at a new school, he knows the odds are against him. His dream is shared by many, but accomplished by few. The numbers tell him he won’t make it the pros. According to the NFL Players Association, of the 100,000 high school seniors that play football every year, only 215 will ever make an NFL roster. That is only a .2% success rate. In order to refine his skills on the pathway to the league, he made the move to West Orange from...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Great article, Pete! Dexter is a great athlete and has a good head on his shoulders. This is exactly the type of savage we have been missing.

"I realized I need to stop this because I was putting a lot of stress on my mom and she was worried. My mom has been very sick. If you look at her now you wouldn’t think she’s sick, but she was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis and also diabetes. And I also lost my mom for three months because she was pronounced dead."

Uh, what?

"I realized I need to stop this because I was putting a lot of stress on my mom and she was worried. My mom has been very sick. If you look at her now you wouldn’t think she’s sick, but she was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis and also diabetes. And I also lost my mom for three months because she was pronounced dead."

Uh, what?

What I think he meant was she was in a coma & he didn't get to see her for three months and the doctors didn't think she would make it. Didn't want to ask him to expand on it.

Advertisement
Wow, awesome article! Thanks HG.

This dude has a great attitude, work ethic and determination - my favorite recruit of the class so far.

Man, that was a beast of an article/interview for a beast of an athlete.

Glory you are a beast.

Beast I tell ya.

Advertisement
I was a little worried that this might just be his 1st commitment but his comment about trying to bring others in definitely sold me that we are the firm leader for this kid. So excited.

Dexter... in Miami....

You see where I'm going with this? You can't make this up!

202.jpg

203.jpg

Favorite offensive recruit. Applaud this young man for being so mature. His parents have done an amazing job. God Bless him. Kid is on the right path.

Advertisement
With a SPARQ rating of 115+, the numbers are certainly saying he will "make it"

Haha, nice article, feels good to snag such a baller out of the blue (seemingly)

Great interview HurricaneGlory and I can't wait to see this young man ball out at the U!

Advertisement
Really appreciate the interview, HG. Thanks.

Been a big, big fan of Williams' ever since I first watched his Hudl highlights and found out about his Sparq performance. Phenomenal talent and a true headliner of a recruiting class.

Nice. I hope he does enroll early. We won't have to wait until signing day to make sure we hold on to this guy.

Advertisement
Back