Dewan Huell

Advertisement
He's so raw...needs a lot of work polishing up his game. Really doubt he'll be a one and done. You can see how talented and athletic he is though. Should be a beast under coach L

He'll definitely need to be coached up a bit

Missed an easy tip in and a couple a FTs while I was watching

I think they had him playing the 3, which correct me if I'm wrong, is not his projected position in college

He's so raw...needs a lot of work polishing up his game. Really doubt he'll be a one and done. You can see how talented and athletic he is though. Should be a beast under coach L

I agree. It is also why I am not counting on him for more than 15-20 MPG next season. We really could use a big man transfer who is eligible.

Advertisement
He played as a stretch 4 or wing 4. I hate these new terms. He's not a back to the basket post guy. From what I saw, he's not starting on day 1. We could be looking at Uzundu at C with Murphy at PF, or Amp and Murphy as the "bigs" and a small ball lineup unless we get another big via transfer.

Ah, those all-star games are a free-for-all track meet. Can't make any definitive statements off that. Hard to watch.

I agree. It is also why I am not counting on him for more than 15-20 MPG next season. We really could use a big man transfer who is eligible.
TURK [MENTION=2646]Consigliere[/MENTION] I WANT THE TURK !!...but idk about 15-20 I think if we get a transfer or the Turk he's the first big off the bench...but that also depends on how well they play.

TURK [MENTION=2646]Consigliere[/MENTION] I WANT THE TURK !!...but idk about 15-20 I think if we get a transfer or the Turk he's the first big off the bench...but that also depends on how well they play.

huh

Advertisement
He played as a stretch 4 or wing 4. I hate these new terms. He's not a back to the basket post guy. From what I saw, he's not starting on day 1. We could be looking at Uzundu at C with Murphy at PF, or Amp and Murphy as the "bigs" and a small ball lineup unless we get another big via transfer.

Don't really like what I've seen from Izundu*

Hopefully that Miller kid comes in and competes

Can't wait to see Bruce Brown in action

Last edited:

Don't really like what I've seen from Uzundu

Izundu would have benefited from redshirting last season. I feel Miller should do the same.

Miller isn't ready either.

I feel the opposite. I liked what I saw in limited time. He showed a lot more than Jekiri did his freshman year.

Advertisement

I feel the opposite. I liked what I saw in limited time. He showed a lot more than Jekiri did his freshman year.

Agree on Izundu. I believe he will ultimately be far better than Jekiri.

That's saying a lot.

As frustrating as Jekiri was to watch at times, he was one of the top defenders in the ACC. We were a significantly better team with him on the floor this season. I just wish he would have been more aggressive offensively and less clumsy.

That's saying a lot.

As frustrating as Jekiri was to watch at times, he was one of the top defenders in the ACC. We were a significantly better team with him on the floor this season. I just wish he would have been more aggressive offensively and less clumsy.

TJ was a terrible offensive player, and he became very foul prone towards the end of the season which hurt him on defense. If Izundu can dunk and hit layups, he'll be better offensively than TJ.

Advertisement
Huell has great potential, but honestly he's the 3rd most college ready player in this class. Both Brown and Dejan can ball and play heavy minutes from Day 1.

Huell being raw isn't really a bad thing. It means he won't be 1-and-done. And Coach L will make him into a lottery pick in a couple years

I also have high expectations for Brown to come in and contribute important minutes from day 1. The rest of the freshmen are wait and see.

Apparently Huell said recently he could be a one and done. I haven't seen the quote, but Coach referenced it today in his presser.

From the Herald a few weeks ago:
Dewan Huell, the signed McDonald's All-American five-star 6-10 power forward out of Miami Norland who is ranked the No. 21 high school senior in the nation by 247 Sports (23 by Rivals, ESPN and 25 by Scout), indicated on Sunday at the HoopMIA All-Star Game that if given the opportunity to go pro after one year of college he would go for it.

When I asked him about the possibility of being one and done with the Hurricanes, he said, "That's the goal."

Advertisement
Back