Dewan Huell

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
Don't think he starts next year weird to say for a McDonald's all American but he still needs some development

Advertisement
Advertisement
He may need to start just because we lose a lot of height after this year

We get Murphy back and Izundu could develop into a nice player the same way Tonye did

Huell will probably be first man off the bench if he doesn't end up starting

Newton, Lawrence, Reed, Murphy, Izundu will likely be our starting 5 next year...with Huell and Blooming Onion coming off the bench

I don't really know much about the other two guys coming in (Brown/Miller) but we will definitely have a much deeper team next year

Palmer better watch his ***...he may get lost in the shuffle

Last edited:
I've seen Brown play a couple of times in person. He is the absolute truth and may end up being the best player on our team next year.

No way he doesn't start. Larranaga is going to love him for his athleticism and defense from day 1. I'm guessing the starting backcourt next year will be Newton - Brown - Reed

Advertisement
I don't think anyone expects him to start really. The big Q is what we do at C, Huell is really a PF while Kamari Murphy has that locked down.

We get Murphy back and Izundu could develop into a nice player the same way Tonye did

Newton, Lawrence, Reed, Murphy, Izundu will likely be our starting 5 next year...with Huell and Blooming Onion coming off the bench

I don't really know much about the other two guys coming in (Brown/Miller) but we will definitely have a much deeper team next year

Don't forget the Muhammad kid (San Jose St. transfer)

I've seen Brown play a couple of times in person. He is the absolute truth and may end up being the best player on our team next year.

No way he doesn't start. Larranaga is going to love him for his athleticism and defense from day 1. I'm guessing the starting backcourt next year will be Newton - Brown - Reed

Next year I see Brown in the Newton role of this year and last year. Backup PG, with some minutes playing with Newton. I think he's the real deal too, but between Newton, Reed, Mohammed and Palmer, there is a lot of veteran depth at the 1 and 2 next year. I'd be very surprised if he cracked the starting lineup.

Next year I see Brown in the Newton role of this year and last year. Backup PG, with some minutes playing with Newton. I think he's the real deal too, but between Newton, Reed, Mohammed and Palmer, there is a lot of veteran depth at the 1 and 2 next year. I'd be very surprised if he cracked the starting lineup.

True, Coach L could use Brown in the 6th man role a lot like he uses Newton this year. I could see that.

I think it really comes down to how good Dejan is (which I have no idea). If he's good enough to play right away, I think he's the backup PG. If not, yeah it does sound like Brown would be the backup ballhandler and come off the bench.

Palmer is going to have a tough time finding minutes next year regardless

Advertisement

True, Coach L could use Brown in the 6th man role a lot like he uses Newton this year. I could see that.

I think it really comes down to how good Dejan is (which I have no idea). If he's good enough to play right away, I think he's the backup PG. If not, yeah it does sound like Brown would be the backup ballhandler and come off the bench.

Palmer is going to have a tough time finding minutes next year regardless

I think Brown is much more likely to be the backup 1. The Aussie looks like a pure 2 to me. Brown is a combo.

Can someone post the with the roster will be like next year with position. looks like there may be a transfer or two out because of the minutes, hope not, but we had like 3 this year.

The bottom line is there are 40 minutes of playing time available at the PF and C positions. The only starter coming back is Murphy and he averages 23.5 MPG. At most, IMO, that number may go up to 28-30 MPG. There is plenty of burn available, someone will have to earn it.

This is why I think we should take a transfer PF/C who can play 20 MPG for us next year. This player doesn't need to be a stud, just someone who can give us some quality burn.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Don't forget the Muhammad kid (San Jose St. transfer)

Forgot about him

I've never seen him play, so I don't really know who he'd be trading time with

1. Newton -- Aussie
2. Palmer/Muhammed/Brown (No Clue who starts here. Good Competition though)
3. Reed -- Lawrence
4. Murphy -- Huell
5. Izundu/???? -- Murphy (We need another player here, we're still recruiting a few, but would love a JUCO/5th year guy)

I see this as a tourney team absolutely, could be real good again if we can add another big guy and either brown or muhammad shows up right away as a scorer. Another true scorer is exactly what we need with this athletic, defensive lineup

If we don't add another Center, we should see a lot of small ball next year. Lawrence at the 4 spot and Murphy at the 5 should be doable against a lot of teams.

He will start next year on talent and size alone. He will immediately be the best big man on the roster especially offensively the second he steps on the court for us. You guys are seriously underrating this guy.

Advertisement
Back