Dewan Huell McD's All-American

Advertisement
SG Bruce Brown is McDonalds All American quality too.

He dominated yesterday some big time tournament had national basketball writers raving about his game.

I think he scored 34.

SG Bruce Brown is McDonalds All American quality too.

He dominated yesterday some big time tournament had national basketball writers raving about his game.

I think he scored 34.

One reporter said despite being rated 30 something overall in the country, that he is under rated.

Advertisement
But if anyone has seen Rodney Miller play... He is horrible! He doesn't even look like a basketball player! Saw him live against a small team from Missouri and he couldn't play!

But if anyone has seen Rodney Miller play... He is horrible! He doesn't even look like a basketball player! Saw him live against a small team from Missouri and he couldn't play!

So you're telling me we should trust the one game you saw, against Coach L, his assistants, plus the coaches at Florida, UConn, Virginia, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, and others who offered him? Plus all the scouts and experts who rated him a 4-star recruit, the #98 player in the nation and the #15 C in the nation?

I mean, I know coaches and scouts miss on recruits, and he might be a miss, but, who are you exactly?

He will never play!

I would bet a significant sum of money that you are dead wrong on this assertion lol. Rafael Akpejiori played significant minutes in the post for Miami at points in his career. To say this kid will not play is just naive. You can't write an 18 year old kid off without him even stepping in a college S & C program and without world class coaching provided by Coach L and his staff with years of experience.

In summary: You're Wrong
[video=vimeo;112090633]https://vimeo.com/112090633[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
He will never play!

I would bet a significant sum of money that you are dead wrong on this assertion lol. Rafael Akpejiori played significant minutes in the post for Miami at points in his career. To say this kid will not play is just naive. You can't write an 18 year old kid off without him even stepping in a college S & C program and without world class coaching provided by Coach L and his staff with years of experience.

I shouldn't say never!

This weekend Oak Hill played in a tournament vs pretty elite competition, except for their first game, and he had 3 points total! FOR THE TOURNAMENT!

For a kid that is a 6'11" 4 star C, you would think that would be hard to do. He looked completely out of place on his PREP school team, which I understand is REALLY good.

He will never play!

I shouldn't say never!

This weekend Oak Hill played in a tournament vs pretty elite competition, except for their first game, and he had 3 points total! FOR THE TOURNAMENT!

For a kid that is a 6'11" 4 star C, you would think that would be hard to do. He looked completely out of place on his PREP school team, which I understand is REALLY good.

I just have to believe that was just an off tournament. This kid was highly sought after by multiple powerhouse programs, and coach L. Coach L hasn't signed a kid yet that was a total bust. There were some kids that couldn't hack it school/program wise, such as James King, Omar Sherman, and Deandre Burnett, but they were plenty talented. Manu just got stuck behind a talented group of guards. But no busts.

I watched Miller when Oak Hill was on ESPN a few weeks back, and came away very unimpressed. Miller came off the bench in that game. And frankly, he just looked lost on the court. Didn't seem to rotate well. Didn't seem overly athletic. Didn't really impact the game in any way. I do trust in Larranaga however. So if he sees potential, who am I to say otherwise.

If Larranaga could coach Tonye from complete raw potential to arguably the best center in the ACC, I think he can coach up an unpolished center like Miller.

Advertisement
If Larranaga could coach Tonye from complete raw potential to arguably the best center in the ACC, I think he can coach up an unpolished center like Miller.
All world November 2015 jekiri is in that argument. The Tonye that's played the past few weeks isn't even in the conversation. We need the other guy to start showing up again.

Advertisement
Back