Damien Martinez talks offense: “Pick your poison”

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Damien Martinez is the most decorated runner to line up in Miami’s backfield since Duke Johnson. The Oregon State transfer, who ran for 1,185 yards last year, met with the ACC Network to discuss his transition to Miami and more:

On why he chose to come to Miami: Just the offense and everything Coach Cristobal and Coach Dawson were preaching. This offense could be so explosive. Everybody kind sees the team on paper, how explosive we can be. You just need to put it all together and...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
I'm buying the hype on Damien Martinez but it's almost blasphemy to put him in the same air space as Alonzo. Mr. Highsmith is one of those rare guys from the 80's that if transported to todays game, could still dominate

Go Canes!
Good point very true , I’m just excited brother with hope for better days .

You remember the pure power and speed, just so excited

Advertisement
When Martinez talks I get fired uppp Ill tell ya what!
Mountain Dew GIF

Leonardo Dicaprio Enthusiasm GIF by Jordan Belfort

I'm buying the hype on Damien Martinez but it's almost blasphemy to put him in the same air space as Alonzo. Mr. Highsmith is one of those rare guys from the 80's that if transported to todays game, could still dominate

Go Canes!

Blasphemy expires after 20 years.

Different era, different players, different game.

If Martinez smokes - like Highsmith smoked - so be it. Highsmith would welcome another of his caliber.

I just want to get this show on the road.

Went back to watch Duke Johnson highlights and then tuned into some Yearby, Walton, DJ, Homer highlights. There is a huge difference in big play ability when you have a guy at RB.

Nobody on the roster since Duke could take over a game themselves, here’s to hoping we see a VA Tech type game for Damien this year.

Advertisement
Went back to watch Duke Johnson highlights and then tuned into some Yearby, Walton, DJ, Homer highlights. There is a huge difference in big play ability when you have a guy at RB.

Nobody on the roster since Duke could take over a game themselves, here’s to hoping we see a VA Tech type game for Damien this year.
Didn’t Homer hit a number of big plays? My memory is a little cloudy but I seem to remember a lot of long runs from him.

Advertisement
Didn’t Homer hit a number of big plays? My memory is a little cloudy but I seem to remember a lot of long runs from him.

Yeah I’m talking taking over a game, sure we’ve had some home runs with guys..been almost 10 years since we’ve had a true RB1.

Everything since has been by committee

I really liked Homer and Dallas. They were both really solid backs. I think Martinez is better than them both though. We should see something from him we havent seen from a Miami RB in a decade.

Speaking of big plays though, it's funny, I actually remember Cam'ron Harris (Davis?) being odd in that way. He was never a great back but it's like he dumped all of his points into luck. He would seemingly break off a 40+ yard TD run every other game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back