Currently only 11 games on next year’s schedule

Advertisement

I assume we will add someone like Bethune the week after A&M.
You are right. If it was up to me I’d hold on the FCS opponent till the game before our bye week. A schedule that looks something like this I think sets us up for success:

1 Vs Miami Ohio
2 Vs Texas A&M
3 @ BC
4 @ Temple
5 Vs Louisville
6 Vs Florida A& M
7 BYE
8 @ FSU
9 Vs UVA
10 @ NC State
11 Vs Clemson
12 Vs Georgia Tech
@ UNC

That way you’d essentially get two bye weeks before FSU

You are right. If it was up to me I’d hold on the FCS opponent till the game before our bye week. A schedule that looks something like this I think sets us up for success:

1 Vs Miami Ohio
2 Vs Texas A&M
3 @ BC
4 @ Temple
5 Vs Louisville
6 Vs Florida A& M
7 BYE
8 @ FSU
9 Vs UVA
10 @ NC State
11 Vs Clemson
12 Vs Georgia Tech
@ UNC

Agreed. Tough to do though as FAMU or whichever FCS opponent will be in conference play at that time. The SEC schools have been able to do that lately though in their scheduling of cupcakes during November lately.

I'm fine with the schedule but it just seems strange to me how we never play Syracuse or Wake Forest anymore. Also @ Temple is kind of weird but with BC it kind of feels like a Big East reunion. They should have thrown in Rutgers too.

Advertisement

1 Vs Miami Ohio
2 Vs Texas A&M
3 @ BC
4 @ Temple
5 Vs Louisville
6 Vs Florida A& M
7 BYE
8 @ FSU
9 Vs UVA
10 @ NC State
11 Vs Clemson
12 Vs Georgia Tech
@ UNC

Yea, but they don't set the ACC schedule until like late January or something. So all the ACC dates aren't certain.

Advertisement
Why in the **** are we playing at Temple? Thank god Blake James is gone

1 Vs Miami Ohio
2 Vs Texas A&M
3 @ BC
4 @ Temple
5 Vs Louisville
6 Vs Florida A& M
7 BYE
8 @ FSU
9 Vs UVA
10 @ NC State
11 Vs Clemson
12 Vs Georgia Tech
@ UNC

Advertisement
I'm fine with the schedule but it just seems strange to me how we never play Syracuse or Wake Forest anymore. Also @ Temple is kind of weird but with BC it kind of feels like a Big East reunion. They should have thrown in Rutgers too.
The ACC changed that starting next year. In a 2 year span we will play every ACC school. They also did away with divisions.

Wow... Just noticed that.. did James schedule a home/away with Temple?

Looking at their future schedule, it looks like Oklahoma did as well...
Yes. More schools have started doing that with your larger mid majors to avoid paying them 1.5-2 million to come for one home game.

Advertisement
Temple is a good draw for alumni in the Northeast. They play at Lincoln Financial and the last time was at least 10 years ago after they had been booted from the Big East. Were probably 30,000 people there. 25,000 were Miami fans.

Advertisement
Back