Coburn???

Ojomo committing to UT tomorrow will help complete the flip... they're stacked at DT and he knows the opportunity here. Had a great talk with coaches right before the dead period...

I hope you're right, but this doesn't make sense. So Coburn is worried about a couple three star DTs in Ojomo and Daniel Carson, but he sees better playing time available coming in with another high 4-star DT in Nesta?

Don't let Ojomo ranking fool you...He's 16 y/o and upside as high as any DT in the country. Future monster

Advertisement
If he comes I hope he is 100% in. Don't want this to be another DJ situation where he's gone in a year.

Think I’d rather have Coburn than TS or Surtain.

Go ahead, be greedy.

But if I had to choose, I'd agree. Elite defensive line play makes DBs look like ballhawks, and we've already got a superb DB hall.

But again, be greedy.

Tyson and Pat are a Stong Want. These two are elite CBs right in our own backyard so we feel entitled to land them. This is mainly a pride / statement kind of thing.

Coburn is a Need plain and simple. A must have. We need that beast upfront in order to compete for championships.

Advertisement
If he comes I hope he is 100% in. Don't want this to be another DJ situation where he's gone in a year.

Risk you take. Plus, DJ was an example of an out of state kid getting to campus and getting beat out by a less heralded South Florida kid. Same thing happened to Kiy Hester and has happened countless times in this program's history. When it happens it is usually a good sign.

Risk you take. Plus, DJ was an example of an out of state kid getting to campus and getting beat out by a less heralded South Florida kid. Same thing happened to Kiy Hester and has happened countless times in this program's history. When it happens it is usually a good sign.

Plus DJ was competing for playing time at a position that was our most loaded position on the team. Chad is a early early to mid round draft pick and DJack is likely a NFL player too.The need is there for Keondre immediately, and none of the other freshman at his position will beat him to campus like Garvin did DJ.

Ojomo committing to UT tomorrow will help complete the flip... they're stacked at DT and he knows the opportunity here. Had a great talk with coaches right before the dead period...

I hope you're right, but this doesn't make sense. So Coburn is worried about a couple three star DTs in Ojomo and Daniel Carson, but he sees better playing time available coming in with another high 4-star DT in Nesta?

Don't let Ojomo ranking fool you...He's 16 y/o and upside as high as any DT in the country. Future monster

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

☝Yep!

Advertisement

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

Don't sleep on that there was a kid like that who got drafted in the first by the Texans way back

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

Don't sleep on that there was a kid like that who got drafted in the first by the Texans way back
Not a knock just surprised. He's good.

That kid for the Texans was good in college but flopped in the pros

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

Yep, Amobi Okoye, went to Louisville.

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

The infamous pear shaped Josh Holmes and the GOAT himself Dmitri Stewart were also 16 when they came to UM. Both flopped. Sometimes being too young isnt a good thing.

Advertisement
Think I’d rather have Coburn than TS or Surtain.

Only QB comes close to importance of DT for Miami. Nesta and Coburn with the prospects that north FL kid who committed the other day could be lines like we use to have. QB can’t throw well on his back with 300 lb grizzle on him and shut down corners don’t matter to much when other team running the ball for 6 yds a crack. I want both corners but a want those two DTs 10X more.

Trenches on both sides, period. We do skill players and QBs pretty **** well overall. We have handed some parity over in the speed department, time to catch up in the trenches and get back to where we should be...

UM

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

The infamous pear shaped Josh Holmes and the GOAT himself Dmitri Stewart were also 16 when they came to UM. Both flopped. Sometimes being too young isnt a good thing.

Agreed. Mental and psychological maturity is also very important for success. It can be challenging for a 16 year old kid to be in college.

Advertisement
Coburn and Nesta would give us 2 of the top 10 DTs in the country. Can't argue with those results.

A iDL haul of Nesta Silvera, Keondre Coburn, Jamarcus Chatman, and Miller is an excellent class that is worthy classifying it among the elite in the country. That is the kind of class you need every year to compete.

He wasn't a flop per se. He was diagnosed with receptor encephalitis shortly after his career started and almost died. It's a disease where the immune system literally attacks the brain. He had to learn to walk again and actually made it all the way back to get a tryout with a few NFL teams.

Hold up, Ojomo is 16?

Not a knock just surprised. He's good.

That kid for the Texans was good in college but flopped in the pros

He wasn't a flop per se. He was diagnosed with receptor encephalitis shortly after his career started and almost died. It's a disease where the immune system literally attacks the brain. He had to learn to walk again and actually made it all the way back to get a tryout with a few NFL teams.

Advertisement
Back