Coach L not a happy camper

Advertisement
He just hasn't been the same since the allegations broke. I know he said he was frustrated by how we played but I think the stress of the investigation is lingering on him constantly. It sucks to see since he normally has such a fun loving attitude. Hopefully he gets his mojo back and we get exonerated

What happened with Miller?

I get why L would be frustrated over the effort/concentration. But when you have a team with multiple future NBA players, and send them out against cupcake after cupcake, can you really expect them to be that motivated? We've essentially been playing scrimmages for a month.

Advertisement

I get why L would be frustrated over the effort/concentration. But when you have a team with multiple future NBA players, and send them out against cupcake after cupcake, can you really expect them to be that motivated? We've essentially been playing scrimmages for a month.

He quit on D under the basket leading to an easy bucket.

Pretty much the next trip down the court, he had a dunk for 2.

The whole investigation is taking a toll. The staff seems to have pretty much ceased in the social media arena. None of the coaches looked remotely upbeat on the sidelines last night either

1. As to Miller, I don't know. I don't know what to think of the kid. I do believe that his effort was poor in the limited minutes he saw. I think it was obvious Coach L was frustrated with this concentration/effort. Considering the kid isn't guaranteed burn perhaps he can bust his a$$ in the 5-10 minutes he may get.

2. As to the rest of the team, I don't think many of them are lacking in the effort department:

- DJ
- Brown
- Huell
- Izundu
- Amp
- Lykes

are all busting their a$ses IMO. Walker, obviously played limited minutes but wasn't taking plays off or anything like that.

I am sure coach is well aware that we're shooting ~51% from the FTL this season and went 10-22 tonight. He can't be pleased with that.

Isn't Kansas the other school linked to this FBI investigation? Was KU actually mentioned in the report (as UM was, School 7, Coach 3) or not?

Advertisement
Isn't Kansas the other school linked to this FBI investigation? Was KU actually mentioned in the report (as UM was, School 7, Coach 3) or not?

I think you're thinking of Arizona not Kansas.

Nope. Arizona had a coach indicted already. KU is like us (sort of hanging around the fringes). Was just trying to read between the lines whether it's us or the Jayhawks who might be in the most jeopardy.

Here's a few lines from a month old USA Today article (nothing in writing re a report on KU; whereas UM is identified, at least by numbers):

The Kansas Jayhawks are now being linked to the ongoing FBI investigation into college hoops corruption. However, there’s a bit of a twist in regards to their involvement.

According to The University Daily Kansan, the FBI has documents related to Kansas and its sponsorship with the Adidas apparel company, but cannot release them due to an ongoing legal investigation.

I just love me some Lonnie Walker. He is the kind of guy programs get built around just hope he stays longer than 1 season.

Advertisement
LW will not be leaving after this season. He clearly has skills. However, he is still trying to figure out his role and what he's expected to do.

Advertisement
Back