Coach Golden on WQAM this morning

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're lucky we have golden. How can we not win with this guy? I expect drastic improvement from last season even though we weren't a bad team last year IMO. We just couldn't close out games

Advertisement
Love the part when he puts the onus on UM to perform and hold up its end to the ACC. Show the end game goal is always first and foremost in his mind.

I hope sanctions don't chance him off. First thing I have found hope for in the last couple of years for UM.

Advertisement
One thing I noted that Golden mentioned, is to enjoy the transition. He confessed he'd been guilty recently of not enjoying the transition process of building the team to elite status once again.

I thought it rather profound that he would suggest that with just a bit of patience, you can actually enjoy watching a team being constructed and transitioned as it happens.

I recall watching Schnellenberger work. Man, it was still a bit painful for the first few years, but suddenly, we had ARRIVED.

Truth is, it wasn't sudden.

Took a lot of work, but man. When it 'mystically' came together, it was worth it!

I recall watching Schnellenberger work. Man, it was still a bit painful for the first few years, but suddenly, we had ARRIVED.

Took a lot of work, but man. When it 'mystically' came together, it was worth it!

Excellent point. My formative years as a Canes fan came under Butch Davis. Same feeling. You'd see guys like Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne and Dan Morgan as sophomores and say, "Man, when these guys are seniors we might have something here."

Made it that much sweeter at the end.

Advertisement
Summary: Golden Talked with Rose a bit about vacationing in July with his family(when asked),a little about LeBron,Heat & how active those guys are in the community.Talked about

off-season preparation and how the coaches have already done scouting for the first 4 opponents (probably why we lost 6 games by a combined 33 points).Golden said that all the

newcomers do look like veterans out there and guys like Duke,Bush,Howard,Lewis have asked coaches for more to do even after workouts.Addressed big 12 rumors,but it wasn't

anything new.

I hope sanctions don't chance him off. First thing I have found hope for in the last couple of years for UM.

I think he would've left already if he thought the sanctions were going to be crippling. Guy knows how to build a program so sanctions or not I feel like he will keep us going the right direction.

One thing I noted that Golden mentioned, is to enjoy the transition. He confessed he'd been guilty recently of not enjoying the transition process of building the team to elite status once again.

I thought it rather profound that he would suggest that with just a bit of patience, you can actually enjoy watching a team being constructed and transitioned as it happens.

:fistbump:

Advertisement
Back