Clemson Held to 36 ...

hotshot

Sophomore
tonight by UVA. 61-36 Hoos. Clemson only scored 13 points in the second half! Loss of Grantham a killer but boy can UVA play some D.

Advertisement
Not only are they not that big, the bigs they have are not athletic (e.g., Jack Salt). Not many athletic types among the non-bigs either. In other words, few if any pro prospects.

Not only are they not that big, the bigs they have are not athletic (e.g., Jack Salt). Not many athletic types among the non-bigs either. In other words, few if any pro prospects.

This is the most athletic UVA team in a long time.

Hunter's the only really athletic guy I see who plays a lot of minutes. I'll give you that this is one of Bennett's younger teams. Should be even better next year.

Advertisement
UVA lost Brogdon two years ago and then Perrantes and Gill this past year and have actually gotten better. They aren't doing it with 5 star talent either.

I'm still in shock that Perrantes and his hair graduated. He played with Ralph Sampson, but this is Bennett's best team at UVA, and it's looking like by far. They're 19-1, 8-0, only loss is at 7th ranked WVU. They play Duke at Cameron on Saturday. Oddly enough, their only really close ACC game was BC, whom they beat by 1. They beat Syracuse by 7, and all the others have been blowouts. Bennett is one of the best coaches in America, even if I hate the b-ball his teams play. He's 207-84 at UVA and 96-50 in the ACC and that's with going 31-31, 12-20 the first 2 years. After he got it going, he's gone 176-53, 84-30.

They won’t win squat in the NCAA tourney.

Their style of play just doesn’t dictate winning 6 games in a row against quality opponents.

Slow the game down to these pencil in the eye games 54-51 may work in the regular season, but games get close in the tourney gotta be able to score.

I would say sweet 16 is all they get.

Maybe maybe elite 8 if they get a really good draw.

Advertisement
You can't win a title when you can't score on a consistent basis. Virginia is also allowed to get away with hand checking and the like in the regular season, that won't fly in the tournament. Virginia will win the ACC, but I wouldn't be shocked if athletic teams like Miami and Duke survive the first weekend, while UVa bombs out.

Advertisement
Back