Classic Cane's style beat down

Advertisement
Man...I've never actually seen this game before. I've always assumed the, "running up the score", complaints were all bull****, now I can watch it for myself.

Jesus Christ, I had no idea that ***ball Ara Parseghian was doing color commentary in that game. No wonder it came off as RUTS.

I love running a reverse while up by half a hundred, with 90 seconds to go in the game. If it was against anyone else (save FSU), I would say that was bush league, but since it was ND, I'll adopt the Coach Boone philosophy and "Leave no doubt". God I miss the OB.

Man...I've never actually seen this game before. I've always assumed the, "running up the score", complaints were all bull****, now I can watch it for myself.

And you will see the complaints were absolutely justified, and we did it just because we could. If the kids today could see this....

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
And you will see the complaints were absolutely justified, and we did it just because we could. If the kids today could see this....

No they weren't. Never before has a failure of a coach (Faust) been as celebrated as he was during that telecast. The pregame was all about him, they had a big halftime feature on him, and the end of the game was all about how badly they felt for him. If you didn't live in the real world, you would have thought that some great football coach was stepping down. In reality, it was a bum team quitting on a bum coach. A backup quarterback throwing a touchdown? A blocked punt with only ten guys? ND was pretty pathetic to say the least with Faust at the helm.

One thing the kids of today could take from that is the value of hard work and playing hungry. Those Miami teams weren't just talented, they busted *** and really worked hard. Take that and throw it up against a bunch of quitters and you get the kind of game that was played that day.

No they weren't. Never before has a failure of a coach (Faust) been as celebrated as he was during that telecast. The pregame was all about him, they had a big halftime feature on him, and the end of the game was all about how badly they felt for him. If you didn't live in the real world, you would have thought that some great football coach was stepping down. In reality, it was a bum team quitting on a bum coach. A backup quarterback throwing a touchdown? A blocked punt with only ten guys? ND was pretty pathetic to say the least with Faust at the helm.

One thing the kids of today could take from that is the value of hard work and playing hungry. Those Miami teams weren't just talented, they busted *** and really worked hard. Take that and throw it up against a bunch of quitters and you get the kind of game that was played that day.

AMEN.

We played everyone but the cheerleaders. The young stuff wanted to whoop some serious ND *** just like the first teamers did.

Notre Dame just folded. Collapsed.

That's not running up the score. You work hard in practice, you work hard in the weight room, and come game day, you want to play your *** off.

If the other team isn't up to snuff, then tough ****y.

What were they supposed to do? Kneel 3 times and then punt.

That's pretty much what Brent and Ara wanted. The funny thing is that if a game like that happened today, no one would say anything. Teams put their backups in and throw like crazy now and everyone seems to think it is ok. I agree with that thinking as to me, running up the score would involve either leaving the starters in or running fake kicks, half back passes, etc.

Advertisement
It was OK for ND to beat the crap out of people, but a big sin for someone to do it to them. The reaction to this game is what painted UM as a bunch of thugs. That fat toad Beano Cook was absolutely livid in his comments for months. He hated UM from that moment and took every opportunity to bash the program.

I just wish we had beat them 70-0. Just because Faust's team quit, you can't expect the opponent to quit to save you further embarrassment.

How many times did Notre Dame do that to lesser teams? How many times has Oklahoma or Nebraska done it running the option with their backups when they could have just kept it simple? It's just because it was Notre Dame. They wouldn't have said anything if the situation was reversed.

Advertisement
I'm going to say this, which makes it ten times more satisfying.

Notre Dame, especially their boosters, are extremely prejudiced. I mean something really bad. Now they won't show that with their black players, but the reason they hate Miami as it's largely been seen as a group of black gangstas.

I was on a board, and some ND folks were on there. Even though I'm white, they called me every sort of racial slur you can think of. It was BAD. They're still mad about that game.

I hate Notre Dame. 70-0 would never be enough. When we return to greatness in a few years, I hope Golden NEVER pulls the dogs off these guys, and I hope we humiliate the living **** out of them, as no team deserves it more.

LULZ at the commercials. "Lease a brand new Toyota for $99" The other commercials were funny too . 1985 was LOOOOONNNGGG ago in many ways. Not just the economy, but the brand of Cane football. Hope we get back to it. And back to those prices!

Advertisement
Now Oregon does this to teams and we are supposed to be in awe of their firepower. It's hypocritical. Brent and Ara acting offended. I remember this game very well and this is the reason the Hurricanes were hated. Here is a team from nowhere beating the crap out of the team of lore, the representative of CFB. I loved every minute, just like the Cotton Bowl game vs Texas.

I'm going to say this, which makes it ten times more satisfying.

Notre Dame, especially their boosters, are extremely prejudiced. I mean something really bad. Now they won't show that with their black players, but the reason they hate Miami as it's largely been seen as a group of black gangstas.

I was on a board, and some ND folks were on there. Even though I'm white, they called me every sort of racial slur you can think of. It was BAD. They're still mad about that game.

I hate Notre Dame. 70-0 would never be enough. When we return to greatness in a few years, I hope Golden NEVER pulls the dogs off these guys, and I hope we humiliate the living **** out of them, as no team deserves it more.

This, this, this, this......

Advertisement
Back